gael clichy

MotownBlue said:
Must admit, I was not impressed in his first few turns in the shirt, but once the season got cooking I changed my mind. He's rock solid and I actually hope AK stays for cover. Seriously, if you can count on Clichy for most games and use AK in a "horses for courses" sense, then I'm OK with that.

Here's a thought, kids:

If Clichy had been in training with the team for any amount of time and if he had been in a few games beforehand, would we have lost the Community Shield last August?

I never really looked at the miscue that led to Nani's winner as entirely Vinnie's fault. Yes I know we were headed toward penalties and that's a "Who Knows?" proposition, but I think we'd have beat them. And if that had happened and the league would have ended up the way it did, think of how the Rags would feel today. They'd have been dominated by us just that much more completely.

Not that I'm complaining about last season in any way,..

CTID

Nope. Not to point fingers at any direction, I believe the Community Shield was lost because we somewhat lost the midfield battle due to tiredness. We obviously slaughtered them from the start, but Mancini wanted Yaya, who was injured for the pre-season, to use the match to regain fitness. Thus, we have a tired and lost Yaya towards the end of the second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.