gael clichy

adrianr said:
Blue Haze said:
Clichy starting for France, just beginning now.

Could win the starting spot as Evra had a shocker against Iceland.

I'm at a loss why he isn't the starter anyway. The better player should be the one on the pitch, no?

Saying that Evra was a key member of the best defence in the prem... Oh wait no that was Clichy. But at least he wasn't in the defence that conceded 6 at home in the.. Oh wait that was Evra. On the plus side you'll never find him being a classless **** gobbing off to the press every 5 minutes when.. Waaaait a minute! That's him again isn't it?

I think he might be. He plays tonight when the likely Euro starting 11 are playing.

But yeah it shouldn't even be close.

Nasri also playing well.

jimharri said:
adrianr said:
Blue Haze said:
Clichy starting for France, just beginning now.

Could win the starting spot as Evra had a shocker against Iceland.

I'm at a loss why he isn't the starter anyway. The better player should be the one on the pitch, no?

Saying that Evra was a key member of the best defence in the prem... Oh wait no that was Clichy. But at least he wasn't in the defence that conceded 6 at home in the.. Oh wait that was Evra. On the plus side you'll never find him being a classless **** gobbing off to the press every 5 minutes when.. Waaaait a minute! That's him again isn't it?
Two words. Well; actually, two names.

Glen Johnson and Micah Richards.

I was actually thinking of Phil Jones and Micah Richards when typing that. Phil fucking Maldini Baresi Edwards Jones. I'm still in mild shock.

adrianr said:
jimharri said:
adrianr said:

I was actually thinking of Phil Jones and Micah Richards when typing that. Phil fucking Maldini Baresi Edwards Jones. I'm still in mild shock.
You'll have to wise up, and quickly. ''The New Duncan''™ is exempt from all criticism, as he is the greatest player in the PL at this time.

jimharri said:
adrianr said:
jimharri said:

You'll have to wise up, and quickly. ''The New Duncan''™ is exempt from all criticism, as he is the greatest player in the PL at this time.

Why do you think I'm in shock? I just can't believe I'll be able to tell my grandkids that I was alive to see Phil Jones in his prime.

Manchester City defender Gael Clichy says his move to the Etihad Stadium from Arsenal last summer has proved to be the right call.

"I am champion of England and that is important in the life of a player, one feels stronger," Clichy told Sky Sports.

The France international, who started in Les Bleus' 2-0 win over Ukraine on Friday, won a Premier League winner's medal in his first season in Manchester.

The 26-year-old started 28 of the 38 league fixtures as a key part in Roberto Mancini’s title-winning squad, and he believes that the move has improved him as a player.

"It's funny, but I am a vastly different player this year since I moved to City," Clichy said. "In my head, it is a turning point in my career. I wanted to see where it could take me. I do not regret it for a moment, as I have gained in self confidence."

He added, "It has been 10 years that I have played in the Premier League, which is not bad.

Clichy replaced Patrice Evra for Laurent Blanc’s France side for Friday’s win in Donetsk, but knows that there is no guarantee he will feature from the off against Sweden on Tuesday.

"You have to ask the coach [who he will pick]," he added. "All the better if several players can play in this position.

"If each of us plays in that role and we reach the final, we will all be happy I think.

"The coach has maybe his starting XI in his head but he knows that the others can make a difference."

LoveCity said:
Manchester City defender Gael Clichy says his move to the Etihad Stadium from Arsenal last summer has proved to be the right call.

"I am champion of England and that is important in the life of a player, one feels stronger," Clichy told Sky Sports.

"It's funny, but I am a vastly different player this year since I moved to City," Clichy said. "In my head, it is a turning point in my career. I wanted to see where it could take me. I do not regret it for a moment, as I have gained in self confidence."

Thanks to Roberto, the coaching staff, the players around him, and the support from the fans

Must admit, I was not impressed in his first few turns in the shirt, but once the season got cooking I changed my mind. He's rock solid and I actually hope AK stays for cover. Seriously, if you can count on Clichy for most games and use AK in a "horses for courses" sense, then I'm OK with that.

Here's a thought, kids:

If Clichy had been in training with the team for any amount of time and if he had been in a few games beforehand, would we have lost the Community Shield last August?

I never really looked at the miscue that led to Nani's winner as entirely Vinnie's fault. Yes I know we were headed toward penalties and that's a "Who Knows?" proposition, but I think we'd have beat them. And if that had happened and the league would have ended up the way it did, think of how the Rags would feel today. They'd have been dominated by us just that much more completely.

Not that I'm complaining about last season in any way,..

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.