Gago and Madrid....

Rammy Blue

Now don't get me wrong I am not a "Garry Cook basher" but why do we seem to be so pathetic when it comes to negotiating for players?

I don't ever recall seeing any other clubs getting the same bad press we do about the naivety of our dealings.

Something is wrong about the way we do business and surely the buck has to stop with the CEO?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5914948,00.html

Fernando Gago's agent has hit out at Manchester City over their handling of their bid for the player.

City lodged a bid for Gago last week and the player appeared confident of sealing a move.

But Eastlands chief Roberto Mancini seemingly preferred to sign Kenyan star McDonald Mariga and City agreed terms with Parma.

However, he was refused a work permit and subsequently joined Inter Milan.

That left City with few other options, and they tried to salvage a deal late on Monday for Gago - but there was not enough time to seal the transfer.

And the Argentine star has been left far from happy with the Premier League club.

"City used us," Gago's agent Marcello Lombilla told radio station Onda Cero.

"This has never happened to me before.

"I don't want to talk about the figures that City were offering because they approached Madrid without even knowing there wasn't physically enough time to put something together."

Real's sporting director Jorge Valdano was equally unimpressed with City's attempts.

"They had nothing prepared, not even one document signed," Valdano told El Pais.

"They had not reached an agreement with the player and they would have had to have done everything in 40 minutes."

Lombilla insists that Gago will now concentrate on getting his Real career back on track.

"Despite the fact he went from being 'untransferable' to suddenly 'for sale', he will always continue to work hard," he stated.

It does make you think when you read things like this and warnocks comments about how we messed about with moses. Also, the cock up with mariga does suggest something isnt quite right in our transfer department.

clubs make balls up all time
the prob wiv cook is he wants every1 to no wat hes doin so people wil think hes great if things come off
but it does mak u wonder how air-jordan became a sucess unles he had great PA who took care of things

Seems like we wanted Mariga and Gago was the backup plan but by the time we found out the Mariga deal was off there wasn't time to do anything with the Gago deal.

Not sure how these things normally work, or if mistakes were made at our end but it does appear to be something that needs looking at.

Having said that we have brought in a lot of players over the last couple of years without any fuss or hitches, so the people in charge of these things at the club must surely know what they are doing, right?

I think it's simple.

Mariga was first choice.
Gago was second.

The Mariga deal ended 4 hours before the window closed.
We tried to get Gago in them 4 hours.

I bet we were confident of getting Mariga until Pleat and Bassett turned us down, of course we didn't have one document signed.

Getting bored of the criticism of Cook, he deserves it for opening his mouth but i don't think he deserves it for the business side of the club.

how come we managed to buy robinho from the same club in less time. we did it once and we tried it again. cant knock a trier.

While I am not particularly happy about the way we fucked up the Mariga and Gago transfer I think that Agent can fuck off.

How can he say we USED them? If Madrid had not fucking asked for 20m and would have accepted our offer the deal would have been done ages ago. Hypocritical ****.

Immaculate Pasta said:
I think it's simple.

Mariga was first choice.
Gago was second.

The Mariga deal ended 4 hours before the window closed.
We tried to get Gago in them 4 hours.

I bet we were confident of getting Mariga until Pleat and Bassett turned us down, of course we didn't have one document signed.

Getting bored of the criticism of Cook, he deserves it for opening his mouth but i don't think he deserves it for the business side of the club.

fully agree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.