Game of Thrones season 5

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Dogtanian said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Ffs, why did I just do that.... Episode 5 is far to long off )8

Haha i sat after watching thinking wtf have i just done, soo long to wait for the 5th episode now, its like waiting a full year for xmas then opening everything on xmas eve.

I've read the fecking books, know what happens, still didn't stop me.... Has to be one of the best adaptations to grace tv...

bobmcfc said:
So you've all watched 4 full episodes and now have a four week wait till you get another GOT fix ? Eeek

Watch daredevil

Dusted that as well, I'm healing up, pulling my hair out, getting cabin fever and munching on anything I can find.. Liked daredevil though!!!

Gosh, what else is there hmmm lemme think...

Bosch ?? It's decent enough, whole series available

Luckily I have willpower and abstained from watching yet. I chose to watch a movie after my daredevil marathon

Oh ive gone and done it, feel like a fat fucker after ten bacon butties.

Ill have to watch all four episodes every week for the next 3 weeks now :)

Not really a spoiler but..
I think its started fairly slowly but the last 2 seasons did tbh, now slap in the middle of some very interesting developments

I just watched last nite the first episode wanting to behead some rags.

Anyways, assuming most of the blue thronies had watched it already, it is evident now who the master of whispers was serving all along. Will Tyrion help him restore that flying pets dynasty?

blueian99 said:
Watched the first 3 episodes of S5, some major deviations from the books.

Still great telly though.

Yeah just got to treat it now as a seperate entity from the books.

THIS IS A BOOK SPOILER. DON'T READ IT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS.

In regards to what Zim said about great adaptations - it is but the people who are super into the books tell me that they've fucked up somewhat by outright showing things that were only implied and it will cost them in the future. Two that spring immediately to mind was Theon Greyjoy getting his cock cut off on TV which was only implied in the books - a problem because the mythology of the Ironborn talks about a routine where he can drown himself to the Drowning God and be revived reborn, which is where many people think that character is going and will eventually claim the Iron Throne. The other was one of the Dothraki who was killed in the show but actually has a decent sized part in the later books whose name escapes me. They've also significantly changed some characters around GRRM was supposedly quite irritated at the TV version of Littlefinger compared to his book version.

Damocles said:
THIS IS A BOOK SPOILER. DON'T READ IT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS.

In regards to what Zim said about great adaptations - it is but the people who are super into the books tell me that they've fucked up somewhat by outright showing things that were only implied and it will cost them in the future. Two that spring immediately to mind was Theon Greyjoy getting his cock cut off on TV which was only implied in the books - a problem because the mythology of the Ironborn talks about a routine where he can drown himself to the Drowning God and be revived reborn, which is where many people think that character is going and will eventually claim the Iron Throne. The other was one of the Dothraki who was killed in the show but actually has a decent sized part in the later books whose name escapes me. They've also significantly changed some characters around GRRM was supposedly quite irritated at the TV version of Littlefinger compared to his book version.

One too many implied things in the book were spoiled in the telly series, and perhaps half a dozen book cliffhangers may be revealed this season.

On the other hand, several pov's unresolved. I was expecting Lady Stoneheart appearing, the mummers mercenaries, something about the surviving direwolfs, like Nymeria, the whole ironborn quest for the iron throne, the dothtraki that parted ways with Daenerys and so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.