Game of Thrones (season 8)

Righty lads.

I'd avoided posting this for a few weeks and hopefully it shares right.

******SPOILER SO RUN AWAY IF NEEDED*****

Everyone who had a moan about how the Night King died, I'm going to drop your jaw right now.

60486049_10156258427280911_5046628130903556096_n.jpg

There she is. Posing as a wight as NK enters the scene.

Now, I had to absolutely wallop the resolution and the contrast up and it's a blink and you miss it scene, but they planted her right there and nobody noticed.

Had a good chat with @Paul Lake's Left Knee about this. They fucked off to do Star Wars basically. Mr Knee off the top of his noggin gave a good 10 series time line, with little excess i should add.Season 8 = white walkers, 9 = lanisters/kings landing, 10 = wind it up properly (probably only 5 eps needed though).

Apparently HBO would have been very happy to go this route but the writers now held all the power, well, enough to short change the end as they have.

Not quite. Have it on good authority it was the actors who didn't want to stay around after a decade in the roles. A lot of them didn't want to go past it. Don't have names, but it comes from someone working on the production.

Not quite. Have it on good authority it was the actors who didn't want to stay around after a decade in the roles. A lot of them didn't want to go past it. Don't have names, but it comes from someone working on the production.

I heard that too .....the actor who played Tyrion was in the end very short with other members of the cast and production team ....

Righty lads.

I'd avoided posting this for a few weeks and hopefully it shares right.

******SPOILER SO RUN AWAY IF NEEDED*****

Everyone who had a moan about how the Night King died, I'm going to drop your jaw right now.

60486049_10156258427280911_5046628130903556096_n.jpg

There she is. Posing as a wight as NK enters the scene.

Now, I had to absolutely wallop the resolution and the contrast up and it's a blink and you miss it scene, but they planted her right there and nobody noticed.

Where?? Did they have fake contacts at the ready in Winterfell?

See a lot of criticism on Dany's plight to the mad queen but to put it into perspective:

She loses two children (dragons)
Loses half her army
Loses her longest friend and protector who loved her and kept her alive.
Watches her best friend beheaded
Discovers her new love is actually her Nephew
He also happens to threaten her entire reason for being, to claim the iron throne.
Betrayed by her trusted allies

If she didn't go mad, it would receive criticism for not being realistic. If it took too long, it would receive criticism and detract from the main story.

If you're gonna go mad and impulsive on the back of grief and anger, it has to be quick. You can't be impulsive over a sustained period of time.

There was a lot wrong with S8 but I don't feel like they got Dany's arc wrong. In fact, Dany, Jon, Sansa, Arya, Tyrion all ended up where they were destined to. Not so sure about Bran, and Sam/Podrick definitely should've died in the Long Night. Jamie/Cersei death a bit weak for me. The fight of two queens was the narrative for so long, but then they didn't even fight! Felt Cersei would've gone out with a better fight but she was a bit knackered when Dany burnt all the scorpions. Surely she'd would've had one in her tower.

Dany's arc was just executed poorly. Poor old emilia clarke just about salvaged the shit she was given enough to make it bearable, but the dialogue and pacing of the transformation was really poor and it lacked that crucial snapping moment. One minute she's flying on the dragon fighting fairly, next minute she's mass murdering, why the change? The writers came up with some bullshit about her seeing the Red Keep and all these emotions about it being taken from her as a child overcoming her, but there's literally no way for that to be conveyed to the viewer without hearing the directors commentary.

It would have made a lot more sense if Rhaegar got killed in that battle, and that made her snap, or if Cersei had kept Missandei captive but thrown her off the roof of the keep while Dany was watching from the dragon mid-battle.....just something significant that pushed her over the edge that the viewer could see and understand her final descent into madness.

Ahh, if the cast were not game then yeah that certainly puts a spanner in the works.

I bet in a few years some of them start to think "i should have stayed at it with GoT" as they are opening a Kwik save in Urmston xD

On a similar note: does anyone think any of these actors are going to have significant careers post GoT? Maybe I'm just projecting the shit writing onto them but I haven't been particularly impressed with any of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.