Game of Thrones (season 8)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 7evens, 31 Jan 2019.

1. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Maybe but I have a feeling that they may not be on the Night Kings side - Remember the lore about there must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Why? To command the dead Starks maybe?
    There may be a few sleeping dragons down there too if GoT legend is to be believed!

2. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Brilliant episode. You don't need blood and gore or full frontal rumpy in the best GoT episodes.

Deepest Blue and BlueHammer85 like this.
  3. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

Just a thought but will the Night King actually be at the battle next week? Although mentioned, he wasn't actually in the trailer for next week was he.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. urban genie

urban genie

Well he wasn't seen at the end and at the end of S7 after melting the wall he flew off, so maybe he is off on a jolly somewhere else, leave winterfell to the others

5. TCIB

TCIB

The pacing here is not great i must admit. They should have extended episode 1 an extra 20 minutes to get what took all of episode 2 to say, which was not much. that is why so many feel this episode is a bit of a bore, it advances nothing really. In TV and film every single scene should do something to help the plot in either storyline or character development. Books can get away with meandering off on a tangent but film and tv can't really, it has to be laser focused.

I get it, the last gathering of people who are likely going to die next week. The pacing taking the whole episode though dragged on to be honest.

6. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Possibly down to Kings Landing on his dragon to build a second army to force the fight on two fronts?

Heisenberg's Blue Sky likes this.
  7. Bluemoon115

Bluemoon115

Hence why I think it's the tunnels.

There's only one thing that's certain. Saying "The Crypt is the safest place" 54 times means that people are going to die in there

8. Bluemoon115

Bluemoon115

Maybe. But the point was to continue to re-enfoce that everyone, absolutely everyone, was on the same side. Then right at the end, the two biggest allies get this HUGE rift between them.

I think this will be a very good episode to rewatch once the series is over.

9. 7evens

7evens

Surprised you didn't stop watching during seasons 2, 3 & 5 in that case.

10. super_city_si

super_city_si

Spot on. I found it boring. Not because there were no battle scenes, just because it was boring.

SebastianBlue and TCIB like this.