Game of Thrones (season 8)

It's obnoxious to wade into a thread about a particular piece of entertainment/art and declare for the world to hear that you're not a fan. There's a difference between playing devil's advocate to encourage discussion and just being a WUM for the sake of it.

It's obnoxious to wade into a thread about a particular piece of entertainment/art and declare for the world to hear that you're not a fan. There's a difference between playing devil's advocate to encourage discussion and just being a WUM for the sake of it.

Wow. You're clearly not happy. So be it.

I fucking despise Liverpool but I'd still comment on that thread if I felt inclined to do so.

Wow. You're clearly not happy. So be it.

I fucking despise Liverpool but I'd still comment on that thread if I felt inclined to do so.
Your comparison is deliberately disingenuous but fair play to you for thinking I couldn't see right through it. This is a City forum where most people dislike Liverpool - to say you despise Liverpool on here is expected. But if you went onto a Liverpool forum to let them know how much you despise them and how you don't see the fuss about them, that'd be obnoxious behaviour and a far better comparison to make for what BimboBob and jimharri have been doing over the past couple of pages...

I mean, I guess? George R. R. Martin has said numerous times that Tolkein is his biggest influence, but he has been quoted as saying the following about the end of The Return of the King:

So, I dunno, make of it what you will and maybe stay out of threads that are about things you don't like?
He's talking shite if he said that, Maurice Druon was his biggest influence.

I always wonder with it whether the rest of the world notices the accents on it. I.e. how the northerners speak with English northern accents and the southerners southern ones. It's obvious to us of course, but Americans? I suspect they can't tell the difference mostly.

I always wonder with it whether the rest of the world notices the accents on it. I.e. how the northerners speak with English northern accents and the southerners southern ones. It's obvious to us of course, but Americans? I suspect they can't tell the difference mostly.
You can tell the difference between a Texan drawl and a punchy New York accent I presume?

I would imagine it's the same.

Understanding it though, that's a whole new ball game.

You can tell the difference between a Texan drawl and a punchy New York accent I presume?

I would imagine it's the same.

Understanding it though, that's a whole new ball game.

Yes, but we're exposed to that far more than vice versa I suspect. I take the point, but I'm not sure there's an equivalent degree of familiarity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.