Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll miss his hair,we have too many slapheads now

Just joking :)
Good on him for being such a model pro,never moaned even all those times he was played out of position and got stick for it

I shall always remember the way he and MDM literally held the line at Hull when we were down to 10 men and Silva had ripped them to bits at the other end. Great pro and always did his best to carry out the manager's orders.

I went from absolutely shitting myself seeing him on the teamsheet and even the bench in 2012/13 to thinking he was actually a decent player in 2013/14.

Limited player but always professional, never moaned, never acted the **** and never gave anything but his best.

A very modest and decent lad to going by his OS clips.

Best of luck Javi. Thanks for your part in helping us to silverware last season.

btw - fucking incredible work again by Txixi.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I shall always remember the way he and MDM literally held the line at Hull when we were down to 10 men and Silva had ripped them to bits at the other end. Great pro and always did his best to carry out the manager's orders.
That game was immense. One of my favourites games from last season, and the one that made Demichelis into a City player

Took his time to get going but eventually became a very useful player that I think we'll regret selling come the business end of the season, or when we're under the cosh with or without Kompany.

Fantastic at Newcastle, Hull, Crystal Palace and Everton and instrumental in some of our best performances of last season. I'm sad to see him go.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:

this this and this.Ill miss and so will my SO.

ps best wag on the team, she will be missed as much if not more

I'll quote this as my tribute to him.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
I think Garcia has been solid since just before the turn of the year. He was thrown into the lion's pit at St. James Park to protect a 1-0 lead and we didn't look close to conceding with him on the pitch. In fact, we rarely do whenever he's around.

His role in the team is crucial. He might not cover a lot of ground in a short space of time, and high profile moments such as his feeble attempt to keep within 2 yards of Ross Barkley make it look even worse, but he does more for the team than people realise.

He wins every header, protects Kompany and Demichelis without lifting a finger, pushes Yaya forward to support our strikers and keeps our shape superbly. He's the yardstick in the team.

A useful, solid and now ultimately reliable defensive midfielder that may be slow and a little soft in the tackle, but vital in the air and crucial to the balancing act we have to play at all times.

An upgrade on Barry? Not in all departments, but I know who I'd rather have now. Glad the fans have stuck by him enough. He had a difficult first few months with injuries and poor form, but he's happier now. He's settled and he's producing results. Well done, big man.

Javi-Garcia-of-Manchester-006.jpg

I'll quote this as my tribute to him.

I think Garcia has been solid since just before the turn of the year. He was thrown into the lion's pit at St. James Park to protect a 1-0 lead and we didn't look close to conceding with him on the pitch. In fact, we rarely do whenever he's around.

His role in the team is crucial. He might not cover a lot of ground in a short space of time, and high profile moments such as his feeble attempt to keep within 2 yards of Ross Barkley make it look even worse, but he does more for the team than people realise.

He wins every header, protects Kompany and Demichelis without lifting a finger, pushes Yaya forward to support our strikers and keeps our shape superbly. He's the yardstick in the team.

A useful, solid and now ultimately reliable defensive midfielder that may be slow and a little soft in the tackle, but vital in the air and crucial to the balancing act we have to play at all times.

An upgrade on Barry? Not in all departments, but I know who I'd rather have now. Glad the fans have stuck by him enough. He had a difficult first few months with injuries and poor form, but he's happier now. He's settled and he's producing results. Well done, big man.

Javi-Garcia-of-Manchester-006.jpg

Spot on. At the end of the season, remember that is was Garcia that was an ever present in the side and gave us the option of pushing Yaya up when he was in his irresistible end of season form. Javi held it together in front of a much improved MDM and of course Vinnie. He played his part for us and if he goes, he goes with my gratitude for a job well bloody done. Muchas gracias Javi.

Seems likely Garcia is leaving. I can only agree with the ones who say he often got stick for the wrong reasons. In the last few months we have seen the Garcia who was a profilic player at Benfica. Still think he's not good enough to be in our squad (just) and us being short on the HG quota didn't help him either. He'll do fine wherever he continues his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.