Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue b4 the moon said:
Cheers and good luck Javi.

The attitude you showed throughout was first class.

I would echo this but I have not seen any reports of a confirmed sale.

oldius said:
blue b4 the moon said:

reportedly terms were agreed between the 2 clubs yesterday, and Javi javing a medical today

BringBackSwales said:
oldius said:
blue b4 the moon said:

reportedly terms were agreed between the 2 clubs yesterday, and Javi javing a medical today

The OS reports differently under the banner "Todays Papers".

birchwoodgingerste said:
Bluewonder said:
herrock said:
If Pellegrini had not picked Garcia in the holding role towards the end of the season, we would not have won the league.

How have you come to that conclusion?
because we won the games.

It's quite probable we would have won them anyway with Fernandinho in there.

We've replaced him with someone better and the fact is he wasn't up to standards required. We essentially paid a hell of a lot of money for a Spanish version of Gareth Barry (only not as good). Credit to him for fighting his way into the side and for filling in at centre back when required. He did make a positive impact in the end and shielded the defence and he played his part in our success last season. Looks like that ill-fated summer transfer window of 2012 is finally being eradicated. Fernando will make a much bigger impact in our side.

Good luck to Javi if this happens. Had a feeling it might when I saw his end of season interview: he wanted to stay but was drily chucking about whether he was needed. Had a very good second half to last season and filled in well in he he holding role. And if we get 12m, yet another big well done to Txiki and the staff. The days of dead wood hanging around because no one will have them seem well behind us.

Let's see if we can get shut of Sinclair, Richards and guidetti now,

Just another way of saying he played a vital role which he did.

And I disagree with the comments above saying he was a poor equivalent to Barry. Barry was past his best when we signed Garcia. Still effective, but at times he was getting exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.