Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kun Aguero said:
Tbilisi said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
He was vital to us winning the league last season. So for that I wish him all the best.

Me too.....wish him well but Fernando is a big improvement as he has more pace.

Zanetti, Cambiasso, Barry, Scholes, Pirlo, Xavi didn't need pace.

WTF have those players got to do with Garcia?

DONE DEAL: Javi Garcia to swap Manchester City for Zenit

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/08/13/5032360/done-deal-javi-garcia-to-swap-manchester-city-for-zenit?CMPID=TWUK_140813_GarciaDoneDeal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... iaDoneDeal</a>

The 24-year-old midfielder has struggled for regular playing time under Manuel Pellegrini and will undergo a medical and discuss terms with the Russian club on Thursday

Zenit Saint Petersburg have agreed a £12 million deal for Manchester City misfit Javi Garcia, Goal understands.

The 27-year-old will undergo a medical and discuss personal terms on Thursday, with the fee for the midfielder potentially rising to £12.8m depending on the Russian club's success.

Garcia joined City under former boss Roberto Mancini back in 2012 and featured prominently in his first season at the club.

The former Benfica midfielder has seen his chances for regular playing time limited under Manuel Pellgrini, however, and made just 14 Premier League starts in City's 2013-14 title-winning campaign.

The arrival of Fernando from Porto has further blocked Garcia's path to the starting XI, with both Yaya Toure and Fernandinho already ahead of him in the pecking order.

And Pellegrini has now decided that the time is right to cash in on the Spaniard and Zenit, coached by former Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas, have moved to agree terms with City.

Earlier on Wednesday City announced that skipper Vincent Kompany had signed a new five-year contract at the club, just a day after midfield playmaker David Silva had committed his long-term future to the Premier League champions.

I say thank you Javi Garcia .
At least you played well in your 2nd season with us .
The best game he had last season for us . Was Hull away he did a great job at centre back when Kompany got sent off .
Adios Javi .

Despite many saying the Hull game (where he was excellent), I thought his best game for us was Chelsea in the FA Cup last year. Only a few weeks earlier we'd been completely outplayed by them with Demi forced to play in midfield, so I think many of us feared the worst, but we completely dominated the cup game, with Javi and Yaya completely bossing the midfield and not even letting them think about counter attacking. We completely shut them down and made the same players who'd humbled us so recently look completely out of ideas. Just a shame that we balls up the Wigan game so didn't go on to win the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.