Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Had a Baltimore Oriole in the back garden for the past week or so. Never even seen one before. Cool looking bird.
Looks like this and makes a load of racket.

306380871-480px.jpg

Really pretty bird. Cut up some oranges, they like that. They will also come to a hummingbird feeder as long as it's got a perch, they can't hover like the hummers.

Someone finally turned the heat on in Missouri last week and the Hummingbirds are here though not many yet.

Was at my sister-in-laws last weekend. They're 2hrs south and live way out in the woods. They have an abundance of birds I don't see much here. Plenty of these little cuties, Indigo Bunting

poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u6~2.jpg

Someone finally turned the heat on in Missouri last week and the Hummingbirds are here though not many yet.

Was at my sister-in-laws last weekend. They're 2hrs south and live way out in the woods. They have an abundance of birds I don't see much here. Plenty of these little cuties, Indigo Bunting

View attachment 43517
Nice looking bird and the right colour. I like cardinals as well but they would be better if they were Blue. : )

I'd like to put out some feeders but I think the cat would just stalk the birds.
I don't want any of that happening.

Ahh of course not. Though I have feeders on a shepherd hook, an extra long one could work ?

Have about a dozen pairs of Canada geese left around the lake opposite, the rest went north. Got 11 babies so far. They're so cute when little but they grow like weeds. Took this pic Tuesday, they're almost twice as big today.View attachment 42258
Bloody bird terrorists. Absolute nightmare during breeding season and not much better out of it. The volume of excrement is something to behold and the collective poop in a small area of still water seems to kill everything else.

On a nicer note I saw an Egret on the river Bolliin last week. My first sighting. Lovely creature

Ahh of course not. Though I have feeders on a shepherd hook, an extra long one could work ?
Yeah, I might hang a hummingbird feeder in the cedars. I don't see them around here but up at the in laws place they are always fighting in the cedars. They'll probably appear if I put up a feeder.
We had cardinals nesting in the lilacs a couple of years ago and I spent most of the summer keeping the cat away from them. Hard work.

Bloody bird terrorists. Absolute nightmare during breeding season and not much better out of it. The volume of excrement is something to behold and the collective poop in a small area of still water seems to kill everything else.

On a nicer note I saw an Egret on the river Bolliin last week. My first sighting. Lovely creature
Our beaches have been closed more often than open because of those shitting machines.

Am I the only person in Britain that has a cat that is literally gang raped by magpies?
I know that I live in Essex and they can be mean bastards round here, but she is petrified of them and they stalk her round the garden - is this normal behaviour or have I just got psycho magpies?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.