Garden Birds and wild birds thread.

Been shite for birds in my garden this year, for one reason or another. Turned my eyes down instead and seen loads of interesting insects, got a lot of soldier beetles and ladybirds this year, possibly finally found my unwanted aphid collection on the honeysuckle.

Am I the only person in Britain that has a cat that is literally gang raped by magpies?
I know that I live in Essex and they can be mean bastards round here, but she is petrified of them and they stalk her round the garden - is this normal behaviour or have I just got psycho magpies?
My foxes get their arses pecked by them non stop , they dont bother the cat though

Had a Baltimore Oriole in the back garden for the past week or so. Never even seen one before. Cool looking bird.
Looks like this and makes a load of racket.

306380871-480px.jpg
Beautiful bird, I had a Bullocks Oriole on my suet feeder the other day.
Top tip, cut an orange in half and hang the pieces up in a tree or off the soffit of your house and it will attract more orioles, they go for it like hummingbirds and sugar water

Beautiful bird, I had a Bullocks Oriole on my suet feeder the other day.
Top tip, cut an orange in half and hang the pieces up in a tree or off the soffit of your house and it will attract more orioles, they go for it like hummingbirds and sugar water
That’s just give me a great idea. Thanks. I’m going to rub suet on my bollocks this aft..

Am I the only person in Britain that has a cat that is literally gang raped by magpies?
I know that I live in Essex and they can be mean bastards round here, but she is petrified of them and they stalk her round the garden - is this normal behaviour or have I just got psycho magpies?
My cat is scared of magpies and jays. Keeps well clear.

Anyone in the north of England seen swallows and martins yet?
None here in Yerkshire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.