Gardening

I've ripped up a large (6m x 6m) area of rotten decking and the frame, and have been presented with a large area of concrete underneath, at about 15/20cm below the level of the rest of the garden area (unsure how thick this concrete is).

I have no idea what to do with this. Get someone in to drill it out and replace with earth and garden? Some how fill it with more concrete? No idea. Where the hell does the water drain off to?

Last edited:
My Daughter has moved into a new build site back in September., lawn layed of rubbish, and full of leather jackets! Now laid a new lawn two weeks ago and already showing signs of being eaten already! Two lots of Nemasys and the bugger's are crawling out everywhere! The whole estate is being eaten away.

My Daughter has moved into a new build site back in September., lawn layed of rubbish, and full of leather jackets! Now laid a new lawn two weeks ago and already showing signs of being eaten already! Two lots of Nemasys and the bugger's are crawling out everywhere! The whole estate is being eaten away.
Slugs!!!

I honestly was wondering why a load of leather jackets were left in the garden.

I've ripped up a large (6m x 6m) area of rotten decking and the frame, and have been presented with a large area of concrete underneath, at about 15/20cm below the level of the rest of the garden area (unsure how thick this concrete is).

I have no idea what to do with this. Get someone in to drill it out and replace with earth and garden? Some how fill it with more concrete? No idea. Where the hell does the water drain off to?
Try going down one side of it to check the thickness before getting someone in. If it's really thick or even worse reinforced (if it was a garage base for instance) then it'll cost a fortune to get removed.

What's your plan on what's going on top? If it's just to turf it then leave it and just bring up the soil level (maybe a layer of gravel or sand infill first), it won't do any harm. If it's too costly to remove and you're going to plant on top, then is a raised planting bed a possibility? If the level it's at is OK then maybe some nice outdoor tiling with a seating area or big pots?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.