Gareth Bale

gordondaviesmoustache said:
NipHolmes said:
just depends where he see's his future.

I agree, that will have a bearing on which club he wants to join.

I know its an obvious thing to say but we need to have in mind his idol as a kid wad Giggs. That's what worries me if he sees himself as successor. We are the better outfit now and can pay more wages but is he a fan of rotation? Hopefully there's 'no value' with Levy beingpissed with United for the Berbatov deal and holds em to ransom.<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:32 am --<br /><br />
waspish said:
NipHolmes said:
waspish said:
No just what Tolmie said on the quite thread he listed about 5 players to forget about signing

As said above, Bale was not in the list.

As it stands means he's a target that's not seen as a priority yet. Bale will be a saga transfer mark my words.

I personally think he will leave for us if we go for him. Either us or the rags, we will outbid them though, just depends where he see's his future.

Errr he was on the list

As it stands and not forget. As it stands does not rule him out, forget does.

NipHolmes said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
NipHolmes said:
just depends where he see's his future.

I agree, that will have a bearing on which club he wants to join.

I know its an obvious thing to say but we need to have in mind his idol as a kid wad Giggs. That's what worries me if he sees himself as successor. We are the better outfit now and can pay more wages but is he a fan of rotation? Hopefully there's 'no value' with Levy beingpissed with United for the Berbatov deal and holds em to ransom.

Ok fair play. That's some good points you make there.

dtc78 said:
Bale wont be coming. Modric will leave spuds, and theres no way levy will allow bale to go too, it would have to be a mind blowing offer for him to sell and he's renowned as being one of the toughest chairmen to deal with. We can not and will not offer a mind blowing sum.

Its taken modric 12 months to get his move (if he goes) and I suspect it will be the same with Bale even if he expresses a desire to go.

Personally if Bale does want out I think Levy should cash in now as hes currently worth top dollar and theres only so many trees he can pull up playing in the europa league/fa/wank cup etc. His worth might not be the same this time next year...

I disagree. They have Ekotto as LB and could use Pienaar on left wing. Modric and Bale add 65million or thereabouts for new manager to spend. Just my opinion.

NipHolmes said:
dtc78 said:
Bale wont be coming. Modric will leave spuds, and theres no way levy will allow bale to go too, it would have to be a mind blowing offer for him to sell and he's renowned as being one of the toughest chairmen to deal with. We can not and will not offer a mind blowing sum.

Its taken modric 12 months to get his move (if he goes) and I suspect it will be the same with Bale even if he expresses a desire to go.

Personally if Bale does want out I think Levy should cash in now as hes currently worth top dollar and theres only so many trees he can pull up playing in the europa league/fa/wank cup etc. His worth might not be the same this time next year...

I disagree. They have Ekotto as LB and could use Pienaar on left wing. Modric and Bale add 65million or thereabouts for new manager to spend. Just my opinion.
would of thought Pienaar would be back at Everton.

i8rags said:
NipHolmes said:
dtc78 said:

would of thought Pienaar would be back at Everton.

In an ideal Everton world but Spurs are a step up. New manager could mean he is part of plans. Especially if Bale is sold. Everton can whistle if they think they'll get a cut price deal from Spurs imo.

NipHolmes said:
dtc78 said:

Levy is maybe waiting to bank all seasonticket money before he announces their 2 best players are fooking off!!

dtc78 said:
NipHolmes said:
dtc78 said:

Levy is maybe waiting to bank all seasonticket money before he announces their 2 best players are fooking off!!

Exactly. They are linked with Remy, Llorente etc. Let's see how many of those actually come in.

Links with players excites fans who will then buy season tickets, players are bought and season starts. Levy wins.

Same thing at Arsenal except Wenger says he will keep players. "Nasri will definitely not be sold" and as soon as tickets are sold then Nasri is sold. Same will happen with RVP imo.

It will depend on a) who is in for Bale & b) how keen Bale is to leave.

If Bale is only tempted to leave, they don't have a problem & can keep him for another season. If however he is desperate to leave, they are much better off getting him out & giving the new manager money to spend.

One consideration is the old skinflint/conman chairman's trick though & this shouldn't be discounted because Levy has already done it with Berbatov. That is to absolutely swear a player isn't leaving, then suddenly sell him at the absolute last second, thus leaving no time to spend the money before the window shuts.

Player gets all the blame, chairman gets to put the money through the books.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.