Gareth Bale

RandomJ said:
"A source close to Bale" and no quotes from the guy himself. Yeah seems legit....

It wouldn't take much for him to actually say it himself would it ?

I mean we've had Yaya Toure, Aguero, Silva, Nasri, even Tevez say "I want to stay".

Just say it Gareth, then it's all over, & us, Barca, anyone else know that we are wasting our time. Speak up. Don't make your 'friend' speak for you.

It's not as if Spurs would punish a player for saying they want to stay is it ?

Just tell everybody you are staying & it's done.

Falastur said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-tottenham-gareth-bale-908204

I won't Bale out: Spurs relief as star pledges another year

Despite Tottenham missing out on the Champions League and sacking Harry ­Redknapp, Gareth Bale is not looking to follow Luka Modric out of the door

Gareth Bale has handed Tottenham a massive boost by deciding to stay at White Hart Lane for at least one more year.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is already set to lose £30million-rated Luka Modric to Real Madrid, but Bale has told friends he is happy at the club.

Bale’s Spurs contract expires in 2015 and the club will offer him a pay rise to extend that deal.

Despite Tottenham missing out on the Champions League and sacking Harry ­Redknapp, Bale is not looking to follow ­Modric out of the door.

It is understood Bale does not see his own situation linked to that of Redknapp or ­Modric, and wants to try to help Spurs back into ­Europe’s elite competition.

His future may become an issue if Spurs once again miss out on Champions League football and fall further behind the Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea next season.

Barcelona watched 22-year-old Bale on several occasions last season and will ­continue to monitor his situation, while City have also expressed an interest.

With Tottenham demanding over £40m for Bale, however, both Barca and City would rely on him trying to force a move out of White Hart Lane and that will not happen this summer.

A source close to Bale said: “Gareth believes Tottenham were unlucky not to get into the Champions League after finishing fourth and is happy to stay at the club for now.

“The chairman obviously has plans that did not involve Harry Redknapp and Gareth wants to find out what those are.”

Bale dropped a heavy hint he will stay by talking about Tottenham’s tough Premier League opener at Newcastle, saying: “It’s­ important to get off to a good start.

“It will be difficult, especially away from home, but it’s a good early test for us.”

Could change his mind by Monday!

If Bale staying is based on a throwaway comment like "it's good we get off to a good start" then this is hardly an article of substance is it?

Roll On City said:
We're not in for him, good news anyway
Not yet we're not mate but be under no illusions that if he wants out we will be right in the mix! 110% guaranteed!

BringBackSwales said:
If Bale staying is based on a throwaway comment like "it's good we get off to a good start" then this is hardly an article of substance is it?

Especially when its the answer to a leading question

Says City have expressed an interest; when and how did we do that, how do they know?

For the age he is and how he's already progressed in 2 years I actually believe he would be value for money at £40m! Used to the premier league, homegrown, fast with and without the ball and scores goals! Could be with us for 10 years!! No brainier for me and would be dynamite in our team!

If Bale was 100% sure he wanted to stay at spurs he wouldv'e come out and said it himself, hes not said anything of the sort there.

ello_jo said:
If Bale was 100% sure he wanted to stay at spurs he wouldv'e come out and said it himself, hes not said anything of the sort there.

So you're suggesting Mancini and Silva may be on their way out? ;)

I don't think the players feels any kind of responsibility to keep the public up to date on their plans and opinions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.