Gareth Bale

BillyShears said:
Levy won't sell Bale and Modric this summer. If nothing else, he simply doesn't need to. The sale of Modric will generate more than enough money (and quality players if the rumours about Sahin are true) to give the new manager a shot of improving on last season.

I sort of agree with those who say he's grossly overpriced too.

What you forget, and it seems others do as well, is that as it stands Spuds have 1 centre forward on their books (Defoe) and even he doesn't want to be there.

They need minimum of 2 new decent strikers and the money from Modric won't cover their deficiencies.

Bang a £30m cash and Ade offer on the table and see its take it or leave it!! we could get 10 fantastic years out of bale and get Ade of the books!

richards30 said:
Bang a £30m cash and Ade offer on the table and see its take it or leave it!! we could get 10 fantastic years out of bale and get Ade of the books!

You got be in Levy's head when that deal arrives on the table is he going to think hey yes let do it?!! He'll turn it down flatly and that will be that until we either raise the offer or not!

waspish said:
richards30 said:

You got be in Levy's head when that deal arrives on the table is he going to think hey yes let do it?!! He'll turn it down flatly and that will be that until we either raise the offer or not!

He would get lynched by Spurs fans - i would be stunned if Bale went especially if the recent comments by Bale wanting to stay are true.

Spurs have some serious financial backers - the issue is not the transfer fee its the fact that Souds wont break their pay structure

Dont think Ade will stay at Spurs now Arry has gone

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
Levy won't sell Bale and Modric this summer. If nothing else, he simply doesn't need to. The sale of Modric will generate more than enough money (and quality players if the rumours about Sahin are true) to give the new manager a shot of improving on last season.

I sort of agree with those who say he's grossly overpriced too.

What you forget, and it seems others do as well, is that as it stands Spuds have 1 centre forward on their books (Defoe) and even he doesn't want to be there.

They need minimum of 2 new decent strikers and the money from Modric won't cover their deficiencies.

To be quite honest, I think it's highly conceivable that City will end up doing a deal with Spurs for Ade which will mean they pay no transfer fee. He may not be from the very top drawer, but he'll do the job there and it will cost them the cost of his contract. I could be wrong, but that's how I see that playing out.

If that does turn out to be the case, and they can get Sahin into the deal for Modric, it leaves them in a decent place IMO. I personally think they might spend more money than we expect them to. They've been heavily linked with Damiao from Internacional, where they took Sandro from. He looks like he could turn out to be a top player.

As far as what Spurs' future ambitions are, I believe that Levy will know if he sells Modric and Bale he will struggle to convince incoming players of their desire to play in the CL. If he can get big money plus a couple of highly rated players in exchange for one of them, and keeps hold of the other, then the perceptions change.

I suppose their next managerial appointment will be an indication of their ambitions.

Good shout on the Ade deal. I would have thought maybe Malaga or PSG would be in with a shout but regardless of how much he loves Spurs, he's not going to take a wage cut to go there and he's not good enough for Levy to compromise his wage structure.

If they get Sahin though I can almost guarantee we'll end up buying him off Spurs for an insane fee in a seasons time, subject to our own dealings of course. They won't be getting into the CL next season and he's far, far too good to be playing for a team not challenging in it. Would be a mental step back for him to go from Dortmund, to Real, to Spurs. I don't see it happening.

I don't know why Madrid are going after Modric they already have Xabi Alonso and have a younger replacement and cover in Sahin. The biggest problem with player exchanges is players normally refuse to be used as a bargaining tool. I doubt he would choose to go to Spurs.

We should agree to pay 50% of Adebayor's salary for the remainder of his contract with us(1 or 2 years) and £25m for Bale(technically £45m because of Ade's Salary over 2 years and a market valuation of £10m(which is low))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.