Gareth Bale

i'd be devastated if we sign this expensive diver, so overrated it's untrue.

Yep, I'm clueless.

Love how so many people are now calling Bale overrated, when many of said same people were foaming over the possibility of signing hazard having never seen him play. Grow up and stop playing so much football manager.

Bale is absolute pie in the sky. I'm sure city and all the top clubs in Europe are following him, but Spurs proved last summer that they will no longer be forced into selling their best players.

Having missed out on the champions league and all the money it would of generated, if they now have to sell one to make up for it then it will be Modric IMO if he asks to go again. Bale however, is young and has time on his side. I dont see any scenario in which he leaves unless he publicly demands a transfer and spurs receive a £40m + bid. And i just dont see Bale doing that or Spurs agreeing to it. They lose Bale and or Modric they might as well give up on all of their champions league ambitions. They know it. Wont happen this summer.

Quality player though. Some say he's overrated because his form dipped 2nd half of last season. But you could count on 1 hand the games where Silva performed anywhere near his best from December. Bale is a marked man in the Tottenham team. Everyone knows if you stop Bale you stop Tottenham because he's their only truly world class player. If you put him in this City side then teams would put 3 men and over focus on him at their peril. Think he would be brilliant for us and just what we need going forward.

Matt.D said:
Bale is absolute pie in the sky. I'm sure city and all the top clubs in Europe are following him, but Spurs proved last summer that they will no longer be forced into selling their best players.

Having missed out on the champions league and all the money it would of generated, if they now have to sell one to make up for it then it will be Modric IMO if he asks to go again. Bale however, is young and has time on his side. I dont see any scenario in which he leaves unless he publicly demands a transfer and spurs receive a £40m + bid.

Quality player though. Some say he's overrated because his form dipped 2nd half of last season. But you could count on 1 hand the games where Silva performed anywhere near his best from December. Bale is a marked man in the Tottenham team. Everyone knows if you stop Bale you stop Tottenham because he's their only truly world class player. If you put him in this City side then teams would put 3 men and over focus on him at their peril. Think he would be brilliant for us and just what we need going forward.

Brilliant post... hit the nail.

Where are the non-Gareth Bale threads gone? I can only find Gareth Bale threads.

Chevelle said:
Matt.D said:

Having missed out on the champions league and all the money it would of generated, if they now have to sell one to make up for it then it will be Modric IMO if he asks to go again. Bale however, is young and has time on his side. I dont see any scenario in which he leaves unless he publicly demands a transfer and spurs receive a £40m + bid.

Brilliant post... hit the nail.

Seconded.

Matt.D said:

Having missed out on the champions league and all the money it would of generated, if they now have to sell one to make up for it then it will be Modric IMO if he asks to go again. Bale however, is young and has time on his side. I dont see any scenario in which he leaves unless he publicly demands a transfer and spurs receive a £40m + bid. And i just dont see Bale doing that or Spurs agreeing to it. They lose Bale and or Modric they might as well give up on all of their champions league ambitions. They know it. Wont happen this summer.

Great summary,deserves it's own thread.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.