Gareth Bale

Braggster said:
BringBackSwales said:
M24 Citizen said:
£70m for Bale is beyond laughable, it's not even funny, it's idiotic. He's not even worth £50m which was the first figure being banded about coming to the end of the season. £40m is being kind.

Bale worth <£40M? Get fucking real
At the right club, Bale, in my opinion, could be a commercial goldmine. He's one of the few footballers who have a financial value beyond what they can do just on the pitch.

Doing what? Promoting the World Wildlife Fund??

BillyShears said:
Stoned Rose said:
BillyShears said:
We seem to be losing the capacity to think beyond the tabloid newspapers we so deride. Players like Bale are tabloid headline signings. Iniesta said the nearest player to Navas he could think of was Bale, and people actually mocked him saying that. I'm finding it all very confusing. We were shit and played well below par for most of last season and finished 2nd. I daresay if everyone of those players lifts their game by 20%, which we certainly know their capable of, we'd have won the league last season and none of this fear would be around. As it stands I'm happy with where we are. Last season's big problem is gone and that alone should account for a far better season performance wise than last. All will be well.

As for Bale himself. People should really forget having any serious hope. It's not happening - it couldn't be clearer if he rocked up on the backpage of the Sun wearing a Madrid shirt. That's where he wants to go, and that's why his agent keeps appearing on Marca TV.

We?

We're all Blues mate and I'm trying not to get into them/us conversations having been on the wrong side of witch hunts like that in the last 12 months. Bottom line is that some people think we should be buying better or more high profile players. Fair enough, it's the summer and we've come off a disappointing season. For me though the key is - we've already strengthened in key areas of the field. We'll be better again next season and that's enough for me. To win things you need a bit of a luck even if you're completely prepared squad wise.

Sound Bill.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I would love to see Bale at the club and as De Niro says..the club want to be with the big boys then they have to show them we can sign the best.

Anyone who says they are proud that the club haven't signed Cavani for example because of the price...will they still be proud next May when perhaps we a playing 2nd maybe 3rd fiddle to the rags and Chelsea..Fuck proud,I want quality signings at City and we could easily afford Bale..

Yes there are some things more important than winning. Cavani is not worth 53 million (which is why he is still on the market). Bale is worth 65-70. Each deal needs to be looked at in its own context. We wasted a ton of money in the first few years of the takeover. We don't need to do that anymore. Doesn't mean don't spend the money when it makes good financial and footballing sense (Bale).<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:15 am --<br /><br />
stanHayes said:
J3SUS said:
Bale and navas would put us up there with barca , Madrid and Bayern. Any team in the world would be frightend to death of our counter.

Navas and Ronaldo would be better now that would cause a panic..

Not in the long run though. That is instant success (which I would definitely take)...but Bale with us for the next 5-7 years is just mouth watering.

BillyShears said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
BillyShears said:
You're in denial mate.

Ah my bad Billy...you obviously know him personally ;-)

Haha. No, but I have seen him talk about Spain, his agent talk about Madrid to Madrid's mouthpiece media outlet. I haven't seen him talk about other English clubs, or the media here even really link him with another British club. Doesn't seem to be a huge jump in logic that he wants to go to Madrid.

One of the things he talks about when he talks about Spain is wanting to play in a Spanish styled system. Just saying....don't necessarily have to go to Spain anymore to achieve that.

Stoned Rose said:
BillyShears said:
Stoned Rose said:

We're all Blues mate and I'm trying not to get into them/us conversations having been on the wrong side of witch hunts like that in the last 12 months. Bottom line is that some people think we should be buying better or more high profile players. Fair enough, it's the summer and we've come off a disappointing season. For me though the key is - we've already strengthened in key areas of the field. We'll be better again next season and that's enough for me. To win things you need a bit of a luck even if you're completely prepared squad wise.

Sound Bill.

Bill the *hit is about to hit the fan in Spain and no one is going to be exempt. Bale will come to us, but as you rightly point out not at those prices. This is going to dawn on levy very soon. That said, I would rather we get a quality lb, rb and ch, plus 2 more quality midfield players, ideally young and hungry.

I would kill for Manchester City Football Club to have a British talisman. I've hardly expressed this before but deep down this is something I really desire. I mean, we have Joe, but an outfield player please, Khaldoon and the team :-) !!

Figure I'll live long enough hopefully to see Evans or somebody break through if Bale doesn't happen (sadly don't think we will splash the dosh).

Hey LoveCity,

Any idea if this guy is legit at all. He is making lots of noise.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/TheKippax" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/TheKippax</a>

BringBackSwales said:
M24 Citizen said:
£70m for Bale is beyond laughable, it's not even funny, it's idiotic. He's not even worth £50m which was the first figure being banded about coming to the end of the season. £40m is being kind.

Bale worth <£40M? Get fucking real

Highest Scoring Seasons in Premier League:

Gareth Bale £??m
Premier League Goals 2012-13: 21 (26 all comps)

Sergio Agüero £38m (Highest Reported Fee)
Premier League Goals 2011-12: 23 (30 all comps)

Cristiano Ronaldo £80m
Premier League Goals 2007-08: 31 (42 all comps)

I wouldn't pay more than £45m personally.

FrancoisToure said:
Hey LoveCity,

Any idea if this guy is legit at all. He is making lots of noise.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/TheKippax" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/TheKippax</a>

He's on a wind-up saying we'll sign Cavani AND Bale... Cavani is close to joining PSG now, they may even meet the dreaded release clause. There's no indications City are even in for Cavani anymore, the Negredo reports make it even more unlikely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.