Gareth Bale

cmdub said:
Manchester United are ready to spend up to £100m to land Tottenham forward Gareth Bale. (Source: The Times)

If anyone can post the times article I'd gladly shake their hand

If Bale went to united for any fee then I would imagine Levy would be adamant that united can not sell anyone to their rivals for 4th, e.g. Rooney to Arsenal. If I was Levy I'd have sold to the highest bidder behind the scenes ages ago and been busy lining up replacements (2 or 3 top players)... but it's so late in the game now that it might be player swaps that are more important than cash, e.g. from RM if you got DiMaria, Contreua, Benzema and cash would be more than compensated in one go.

Quite frankly i would be glad if they did spend 100m for bale cos they would have been well and truly taken to the cleaners, bale scored 21 goals last season, let me repeat that 21 and now he he is worth more than ronaldo.

mancboy123 said:
Quite frankly i would be glad if they did spend 100m for bale cos they would have been well and truly taken to the cleaners, bale scored 21 goals last season, let me repeat that 21 and now he he is worth more than ronaldo.

...and the spuds have £100m to reinvest...

Having a 100m to reinvest doesnt necessarily make them top quality. The problem with having a 100m is that everyone knows youve got that money and therefore the price goes up, spurs also have to find players willing to work in their restrictive wage structure, so yeah in theory they could go out and buy four 25m players but in reality they have to find four 25m, who dont want to play in the CL and are willing to move their having just lost their best player and are willing to work within the restrictive wage structure and that no one else wants.

TonyM said:
cmdub said:
Manchester United are ready to spend up to £100m to land Tottenham forward Gareth Bale. (Source: The Times)

If Bale went to united for any fee then I would imagine Levy would be adamant that united can not sell anyone to their rivals for 4th, e.g. Rooney to Arsenal. If I was Levy I'd have sold to the highest bidder behind the scenes ages ago and been busy lining up replacements (2 or 3 top players)... but it's so late in the game now that it might be player swaps that are more important than cash, e.g. from RM if you got DiMaria, Contreua, Benzema and cash would be more than compensated in one go.
Nani is favourite to go to Spurs.

so given that he was being touted to galtasary for 8m earlier this summer, that will be 72m and nani

cmdub said:

Wouldn't it be £100m overall spend, which would include wages? That's how some of our deals have been portrayed previously.

well if they were gonna put him on a 5 yr contract , rough figures would put him on 190k a week ish before tax for a transfer fee of 50 m, if u up that fee to 70m that would put him on around 115k a week before tax (rough figures), RM would match both those without a doubt.

malg said:
cmdub said:

Wouldn't it be £100m overall spend, which would include wages? That's how some of our deals have been portrayed previously.

it's just sensationalist journalism - if the total of the deal is 100m, the player sees half of that in wages, the 40-45m isn't enough to get it done and Spurs don't see most of the 100mil.

Rammyblues said:
Well the rags reckon their CEO is in London and if that is correct then it would be logical to presume he is in the right place to sell Rooney to Chelsea and get Bale from Spuds. I don't believe Bale will go to the rags but there is always a chance.

Not surprising, since like them, we now have offices in London.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.