Gareth Bale

spurspinter1 said:
moomba said:
Who are these clubs that would pay £90m without blinking?

I can't think of one that would pay anywhere near that, blinking or not.

Real Madrid. PSG. Monaco. Would be my guesses, but hopefully we wouldn't consider such an offer anyway, we'll cross that bridge when we to it next season I suppose

I'd say if any were prepared to pay that much they would have put in a bid already. Personally think he's worth £55m max, the likes of PSG would probably go another £10m but I doubt Madrid would.

spurspinter1 said:
NipHolmes said:
Talk about twisted logic.

Nasri and Dzeko are better players than any of the options you have in those positions. Adebayor and Dembele are behind Dzeko and Nasri all day long.

To compare them to Livermore and Townsend is fucking laughable. No other way of putting it.

Bale is not a 90m player either. He is a 50m tops. His injuries are a concern and whilst I rate him highly too much is made of last season. He is the best player but I'd say Suarez was. People sat he's the third best in the world but I laugh and bring up Iniesta, Suarez, Neymar, Robben, Muller, Goetze, Cavani, Falcao and Ibrahimovic etc.

Bale is a tremendous talent but the hyperbole is too much now. Talk of him costing more than Ronaldo is tripe. He isn't as consistent, he doesn't have the same media profile and he won't sell sand to Arabs like Ronaldo's endorsement can. United sold a Balon Dor winner and multiple player of the year rather than a player who's only been a league best player once and imo was successful down to the fact his closest competition was banned and had already won it. I don't mean to sound abrupt and I really do rate Bale, I want him here next summer over any other player bar Messi basically but these numbers and the hype is too much now. Sense needs to be restored.

Nasri and Dzeko being compared to Ade and Dembele doesn't really matter, Levy will know what he's worth.

-- Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:18 pm --

NipHolmes said:
Makes no odds who will bid for him. The player will have a club he wants to play for and I will be flabbergasted if he chose a French side over Real Madrid or say City or United. If Madrid want him and say he's the next Ronaldo etc they will offer him good money and tap him up and then say to Spurs they will pay X amount tops. Levy won't pull a Torres because Madrid wont be that desperate or stupid. Levy is seen as a mastermind yet he sold Modric for 10m less than he could have and he cost you dearly bynot ssigning Moutinho and Damaio and instead tried to be stingy. That cost you 4th.

Bale will attract Madrid and Madrid will know they are the pull. This isn't a Cavani deal where player wants a payday move and owner auctions to whoever. This is a players career defining move and the player will choose a club and the club will be stuck with few options for bids. Of course you can keep him but I guarantee Bale has a clause in this new deal.

I think he'll definitely end up at Real Madrid at some point, fair play to him as well. I don't think there is any chance his next move will be to United or City, but I have explained my thoughts on the matter (probably on this thread) so don't feel the need to repeat myself.

I 100% think he will be a Madrid player, however that cements my case that you're pissing in the wind hoping that you'll get a windfall of 90m etc. No chance. Madrid will be in an auction of one. They are Bales choice and also the choice of Spurs as it's not a domestic rival. Why on gods earth would they pay top whack for a player when they don't have a team to compete for the player with them? Madrid will do to you what they do to other players. They will agree terms, sell a dream, line up corporate pay days and say to the player he needs to help push a move through. The players club will be told that a price is x amount and that they won't budge.

Madrid are debt ridden and are soon tasked with a financial obstacle due to tv rights being shared amongst the league fairer. The days of Ronaldo, Kaka and others are gone. It's now more prudency. That's why Barca are limited to a top player per window and why Madrid have signed younger players. A few seasons ago it'd be Cavani and Bale no probs. Now it's more stringent and cautious. You'll see. Trust me.

NipHolmes said:
Levy will think he's worth more than he is.

You have a team built on a budget that's doing good. I rate Spurs but the problem is bar Bale you have no world class talents. If I was Levy I'd chomp at the bit for any deal involving Nasri and Dzeko. Both would lift your quality and make you more threatening.

He is our asset so he is worth whatever Levy deems him to be. Zidane's public molesting hasn't caused Bale to go running just yet so the ball is in our park.

It's perhaps more of a discussion for the Spurs thread but I believe Lloris will be considered in the world class bracket by many in the coming season, but I see your point, we do need some more attacking class, particularly in the shape of a few strikers but we're not going to swap someone to be considered in the top three players in the world for a bit of cash, Dzeko (who's reputation on this board says a lot) as well as Nasri (who also is seen to blow hot and cold, apart from against us.....). It would be 5 steps back for 1 step forward and we don't want to pay the kind of wages they'll be on and they won't want to take a pay cut. It's so much of a non starter I can't believe I've had to write even this much about it.<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:27 pm --<br /><br />
moomba said:
spurspinter1 said:
moomba said:
Who are these clubs that would pay £90m without blinking?

I can't think of one that would pay anywhere near that, blinking or not.

Real Madrid. PSG. Monaco. Would be my guesses, but hopefully we wouldn't consider such an offer anyway, we'll cross that bridge when we to it next season I suppose

I'd say if any were prepared to pay that much they would have put in a bid already. Personally think he's worth £55m max, the likes of PSG would probably go another £10m but I doubt Madrid would.

If they don't meet our valuation then we won't sell him, which is ideal for us so I don't see an issue.

Why would Dzeko or Nasri want to go to Spurs? Spurs is a fantastic club who can attract as good a player as we can .... when in the CL... but not now unless they offer pay increases.

I wonder if they tried for Suarez. If they had Suarez and Bale they'd possibly challege for he title. He may have been tempted as he doesn't have CL football this season anyway.

AS, another Spanish paper also have Gareth Bale as a headline claiming Tottenham want €120m (includes Angel Di Maria)

hmmm Levy will take that

NipHolmes said:
I 100% think he will be a Madrid player, however that cements my case that you're pissing in the wind hoping that you'll get a windfall of 90m etc. No chance. Madrid will be in an auction of one. They are Bales choice and also the choice of Spurs as it's not a domestic rival. Why on gods earth would they pay top whack for a player when they don't have a team to compete for the player with them? Madrid will do to you what they do to other players. They will agree terms, sell a dream, line up corporate pay days and say to the player he needs to help push a move through. The players club will be told that a price is x amount and that they won't budge.

Madrid are debt ridden and are soon tasked with a financial obstacle due to tv rights being shared amongst the league fairer. The days of Ronaldo, Kaka and others are gone. It's now more prudency. That's why Barca are limited to a top player per window and why Madrid have signed younger players. A few seasons ago it'd be Cavani and Bale no probs. Now it's more stringent and cautious. You'll see. Trust me.

Madrid are still spending big, Isco and Illarramendi. With various sales I think there'll be a large bid coming our way next year if Bale maintains his form this season. I don't see Levy skimming over the newspaper seeing Perez claim Bale was "born to play for Madrid" and deciding oh well in that case we'll give you him on the cheap because we know what a tremendous player he is and the good he will be able to do for the club.

I think the new contract will enable Bale to talk to clubs if a suitable offer is put in, similar to the Suarez/Arsenal case, but on a bigger level.

Dzeko scores goals and is only frowned upon here because Tevez and Aguero have spoiled us.

Nasri is ace, he just has to be played through the centre. Simple as that.

Anyway back to logic and possibilities. Bale will not sign a deal unless it favours his corner. Spurs are his club but he will have learned from the Modric fiasco where Spurs reneged on their word.

Bale isn't top 3 player. That is criminal and prison should be handed to anyone who thinks this way.

Iniesta is the third best. Not even up for discussion. What Bale did last season Robben has done for many. He's won more than Bale and proven at every level yet never gets considered. Thats a travesty.

spurspinter1 said:
If they don't meet our valuation then we won't sell him, which is ideal for us so I don't see an issue.

Unless Bale starts to agitate for a move you don't have a problem.

Of course that £55m will get less and less as he nears the end of his contract (presuming he doesnt sign a new one).

TonyM said:
Why would Dzeko or Nasri want to go to Spurs? Spurs is a fantastic club who can attract as good a player as we can .... when in the CL... but not now unless they offer pay increases.

I wonder if they tried for Suarez. If they had Suarez and Bale they'd possibly challege for he title. He may have been tempted as he doesn't have CL football this season anyway.

I think we've come to conclusion that the Nasri Dzeko for Bale deal isn't really going to go ahead as planned! So many factors against it.

I wouldn't want Suarez anywhere near Spurs and also think we'd be able to invest more wisely than 50m and 150K a week for 5 years, no way he's worth that to us.

spurspinter1 said:
NipHolmes said:

Madrid are still spending big, Isco and Illarramendi. With various sales I think there'll be a large bid coming our way next year if Bale maintains his form this season. I don't see Levy skimming over the newspaper seeing Perez claim Bale was "born to play for Madrid" and deciding oh well in that case we'll give you him on the cheap because we know what a tremendous player he is and the good he will be able to do for the club.

I think the new contract will enable Bale to talk to clubs if a suitable offer is put in, similar to the Suarez/Arsenal case, but on a bigger level.

Isco, Illarramendi and Gramiero (?) Are all young players with great futures. Collectively they have cost 80m but Madrid are buying now before the TV deal changes and these players are replacements for Alonso and Kaka and will save them money in wages and will be Madrid players for years to come. Same with Sabin if injuries don't blight next season at Dortmund.

Madrid are building a new team to take over from the old. For the price of 90m Bale won't sign. I bet you know a friendly 20quid that it's 65m or less. Madrid by the way have sold Albiol, Higuain and Callejon. Not exactly lavish and frivolous.<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:42 pm --<br /><br />
spurspinter1 said:
TonyM said:

I think we've come to conclusion that the Nasri Dzeko for Bale deal isn't really going to go ahead as planned! So many factors against it.

I wouldn't want Suarez anywhere near Spurs and also think we'd be able to invest more wisely than 50m and 150K a week for 5 years, no way he's worth that to us.

Suarez imo is the best striker in the league. Aguero injury free has a word to say and so does RVP if he replicates last two seasons. Anyway back to the point. Suarez IS worth that because he is the difference between top 4 and 5th. Defoe and Adebayor aren't even anywhere near his level. Not even close. The pair of them cost a Suarez in wages yet Suarez is World class and they aren't and both are injury prone.

Spurs are a business rather than a Footbal club. All about figures. I hate that. I loved the Spurs that had more ambition other than squeezing teams for players and even jeopardising a campaign to save a couple of quid. Arsenal and Spurs piss in the same pot imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.