Gareth Bale

Caveman said:
zeven said:
The hype about Bale is not justified IMO. Hes good no doubt but not 100 million good
If Bale is worth £100m (which he isn't), Agüero is worth £98m.
If Bale is worth 100m then Aguero is worth about 298m and I'm about 20m.

Watch Levy drag this out till late August - so he can pocket most of the fee towards the new White Hart Lane. Can we Spurs spending maybe half the fee but I think their wage structure will limit them bringing in too many 'A' listers - and the market will be difficult for them when everyone will know they have a wallet stuffed with cash.

Manchester1894 said:
Forgot how many class goals he actually scores. Worth £10m a year IMO.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hHsIzHLctgI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... HsIzHLctgI</a>

And how many shots did he take to score them? Last season he seemed to stop shooting every time he crossed the half way line and started to try and bring others in, season before he would have driven me nuts if I had to watch him week in week out play for us.

A very good player who needs to develop on last season.

It makes sense for Spurs to cash in on him, double Player of the year, scored a decent amount of goals, flavour of the month.
Spurs, statistically are roughly the same in their win ratio with or without Bale, sell him and buy a few good players, but Levy, being Levy, will make Bale's position untenable, turn the fans against him, and sour his time there, he'd like to leave with a good relationship, but it looks like Levy has put paid to that, is he forcing him to hand in a transfer request? If I were Bale, I'd gladly fore go any bonus payments to play for Real Madrid, if it was "my dream"!

While it's easy to suggest Spuds accept a mega-bid, they still can't offer CL football to incoming players (though would PL be enough in a World Cup year?). And while they could buy three decent players for the money, could they find three of sufficient quality to get them to fourth place while missing out on CL but having to play EL?
The general consensus is that City, Chels and rags will finish as the top three, with Spuds and Dippers challenging Arse for fourth place. If Arse spend their war chest and Dippers make good use of the huge amount they will get for Suarez then a lot of money could be wasted chasing that final CL place. It's slightly less of an issue for the Dippers as their mega Asian fan base means they can make more than most from selling EL TV rights but it doesn't help attract players fixated by the CL. And if there's a surprise package as Newcastle were a couple of years ago then the problems for over-spenders will increase.

Commercially Spuds should cash in. Bale has been great for the best part of two seasons, but if Spuds keep him and his performance this year isn't another step up then they could lose 50% of his value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.