Gareth Bale

corky1970 said:
Tez Tosterone said:
The Levy/Bale talks scheduled for today should put an end to the speculation once and for all.

What is worrying the Spurs management is that Bale would be the player that AVB is building the team round. If he goes and they acquire Di Maria, Soldado and Coentrao, they will have a fairly formidable lineup for the coming season. However, there will be a settling in period for the club as they will have little time between now and the start of the season to get them into anything like a cohesive unit.

They would certainly be ahead of Liverpool and at least level with Arsenal in terms of getting a Top 4 finish.

Bale, will now leave I'm beginning to think. Player wants to leave....... Club not in a good position when they have a player in that mode of thought.

Whilst Spuds are obviously ambitious in their plans, they look set to go yet another season without lifting the league title.

51 years and counting....

bit arrogant and rag like , i do not endorse this

Not so sure about that. After all, Spurs fans spent 20 years telling us we had "won fark orl" whenever we played them. Acceptable banter IMO.

Saw a few articles today and over the weekend basically saying that because the of route Madrid are taking and what they're offering they just need to get rid and move him on this summer. Madrid are offering silly money for a great player but you've gotta sell him this window. Take the money and go out and get 3-4 quality players in and make a run at arsenals place in the top 4.

All very well this idea that they could buy three or four quality players but who would go to Spurs with their salaries and are not in CL that could be classed as world class, not trying to be little spurs in any way but the talent pool is not very big in reality. Plus the selling clubs will know they have 85m and will artificially increase the fee. If I were Levy either sell him bank the money and spend it on the new stadium which in a few years will generate the wealth they need long term, or tell RM to do one. I suspect the later.

hertsblue said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
CTID1988 said:
My mate said that back in 2009 Birmingham were gonna but him for £3million.... Is that right?!
Yes, your mate did say that.

I remember Arry was going to flog him to Forest but Spurs picked up a few injuries and started to play Bale and rest is history

Didn't Toshack play him on the wing for Wales, which prompted 'Arry to do the same?

stony said:
MCFC BOB said:
Damanino said:
Hope he goes to Real and somehow that will result Isco sitting on the bench a lot.
How bitter.

Poor choice of words to a fellow blue, very poor.
bit·ter
adjective /ˈbitər/ 
bitterer, comparative; bitterest, superlative

"3. (of people or their feelings or behavior) Angry, hurt, or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment
- I don't feel jealous or bitter"

TCIB said:
To be fair when Real Madrid apply this much charm offensive it ends up with them getting their prize.

I think Bale is simply being a decent person about it and saying very little.

If i were a gambling man i would have money on Bale being a Madrid player by next friday or at least "talks" with Madrid and his agent.
I'd say more aggressive harassment myself!

MCFC BOB said:
stony said:
MCFC BOB said:
How bitter.

bit·ter
adjective /ˈbitər/ 

"3. (of people or their feelings or behavior) Angry, hurt, or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment

Oh shut up, you patronising little lesbian.

I think Spurs should do what Utd did with Ronaldo and keep Bale for one more year. Then they could possibly have Champions League football next season and have a kitty big enough to attract at least 3 quality players who would move to a club in the Champions League.

I don't know how Utd did it but the deal was done with Madrid the previous summer, I suppose the risk is he could get injured but that is the risk Levy would be taking. If it comes off and they qualify for the Champions League and then sell Bale and bring in more quality signings then it would have been worth taking.

All Spurs have to do is speak to Madrid and make a statement when a decision is made. This would mean Madrid can then pursue Suarez and probably another decent player this year, with the knowledge they would be set for next summer and could then sort out Ronaldo too.

Anyway, we're not signing him, so is this now a Spurs forum ?

stony said:
MCFC BOB said:
stony said:
bit·ter
adjective /ˈbitər/ 

Oh shut up, you patronising little lesbian.

Out of order. He's not that little .

Jimfv1 said:
I think Spurs should do what Utd did with Ronaldo and keep Bale for one more year. Then they could possibly have Champions League football next season and have a kitty big enough to attract at least 3 quality players who would move to a club in the Champions League.

I don't know how Utd did it but the deal was done with Madrid the previous summer, I suppose the risk is he could get injured but that is the risk Levy would be taking. If it comes off and they qualify for the Champions League and then sell Bale and bring in more quality signings then it would have been worth taking.

All Spurs have to do is speak to Madrid and make a statement when a decision is made. This would mean Madrid can then pursue Suarez and probably another decent player this year, with the knowledge they would be set for next summer and could then sort out Ronaldo too.

Anyway, we're not signing him, so is this now a Spurs forum ?

Just suppose he loses form and his value plumits. Thats an awful lot of money to lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.