Gareth Bale

stony said:
MCFC BOB said:
stony said:
Poor choice of words to a fellow blue, very poor.
bit·ter
adjective /ˈbitər/ 
bitterer, comparative; bitterest, superlative

"3. (of people or their feelings or behavior) Angry, hurt, or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment
- I don't feel jealous or bitter"

Oh shut up, you patronising little lesbian.

Strictly lickly eh !! wa hey

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Jimfv1 said:
I think Spurs should do what Utd did with Ronaldo and keep Bale for one more year. Then they could possibly have Champions League football next season and have a kitty big enough to attract at least 3 quality players who would move to a club in the Champions League.

I don't know how Utd did it but the deal was done with Madrid the previous summer, I suppose the risk is he could get injured but that is the risk Levy would be taking. If it comes off and they qualify for the Champions League and then sell Bale and bring in more quality signings then it would have been worth taking.

All Spurs have to do is speak to Madrid and make a statement when a decision is made. This would mean Madrid can then pursue Suarez and probably another decent player this year, with the knowledge they would be set for next summer and could then sort out Ronaldo too.

Anyway, we're not signing him, so is this now a Spurs forum ?

Just suppose he loses form and his value plumits. Thats an awful lot of money to lose.

I agree.

For a club like Spurs it's too much to risk and throw away in my opinion.

With the money they can get some top players in and build an overall better squad, this might even be better than just keeping Bale and keeping your squad limited and going into the season relying on Bale to produce the goods again.

The only issue with this is that they have left it too late in the market, there are not that many top top players left to choose from.

This is why I would try and get Di Maria and Coentrao included in a deal, they are buying Soldado with what looks like there own money so they could have another 50m to spend on other buys from the cash Real include in the deal.

There are benefits and negatives to both keeping Bale and selling Bale, but 80-100m though??

For Spurs that is some serious cash to risk throwing away.

I can see the value of risk and keeping him, Bale to Spurs is like what Messi is to Barca, you would not want to lose them no matter how much money came in for them because they are so important to the team and are each the outstanding individual.

Will Levy fold?? I think we will see by the end of the week...

I do think if they keep Bale and get Soldado as well they can challenge for the title, the only question you could ask is if they have the squad big enough to do it, again a negative of keeping Bale maybe?? Risking quality in squad depth on one outstanding indvidual.

From the outside I would say sell and try and build a better overall team and squad, but I know if I was a Spurs fan I would be doing what I can as a fan to persuade Levy not to sell.

It's a difficult situation.

Huge gamble by Levy hes one tackle away from losing 50m on his prized assett, the daft thing is as good as bale is he isnt going to win them the title only possibly get them into the cl and then if he does get them into the cl it will still mean them rebuilding the team as i could imagine hed still want to go and then they will have to try and get cl calibre players in their restrictive wage structure over everyone else that wants them.

Also you have the gamble that says if he knows he is going to Madrid next year will he play with the same motivation, the same drive, the same abandon, will he protect himself knowing that this is his last year there. Its just a huge gamble and in my opinion the reward doesnt match the risk.

He won't lose form, for fuck's sake. I'm fed up of reading on here that a player might be a flash in the pan, or next season won't be as good. It was the main line last season about Bale. "We best not take the risk because he won't be as good", and when he was as good, we miss out and he could go to Madrid, well out of even our price range.

Benteke looks like he will be next, if he has another good season and scores 20 goals plus then Chelsea or PSG will be signing him for upwards of 40 million !

Jimfv1 said:
He won't lose form, for fuck's sake. I'm fed up of reading on here that a player might be a flash in the pan, or next season won't be as good.

Why are you fed up with it? It's a fact of life. Players' form can dip or even desert them, obviously.

You only have to look at Torres to see that.

And then there's of course injury risk.

Fact is Levy would be downright idiotic not to sell to Real for the sorts of money being offered.

The main problem is that they aren't in the CL, so even getting that much money won't enable them to buy players of a callibre to match Bales impact. I can't imagine DI maria would want to go from Real Madrid to Spurs, or anyone else of that level. They'd end up having to take gambles on players from either lesser leagues or clubs that also aren't in the CL. You can do it if you are willing to pay over the top wages like Monaco and us did, but Spurs can't do that, this is a one of cash injection.

Look at Napoli, they got a ton of money for Cavani, but all they got for it was Higuain, Raul Albiol and Jose Callejon. (and that's with them being in the CL) If they took £90m for Bale, who would they realistically get? Soldado and a couple of other players of his level? They'd be further from the CL than they are now imo. Levy is gambling on one more year of Bale will carry them to the CL, so the money they get will get them better players

Jimfv1 said:
He won't lose form, for fuck's sake. I'm fed up of reading on here that a player might be a flash in the pan, or next season won't be as good. It was the main line last season about Bale. "We best not take the risk because he won't be as good", and when he was as good, we miss out and he could go to Madrid, well out of even our price range.

Benteke looks like he will be next, if he has another good season and scores 20 goals plus then Chelsea or PSG will be signing him for upwards of 40 million !

I think you're missing what people are saying. Not that he might only score 3 goals this year but instead of scoring 26 goals and 11 assists maybe he scores 18 and 6 say. Still a terrific season but not the season he had the year before. Right now the talk is they are offering 85m, mainly based on last season. If he has a slight drop off his price will come back down to reality. He's not worth 85m but it seems Madrid is willing to pay that right now. They may not next year. If they buy Suarez instaed and have to fork out 40-50m they may not be willing to fork out crazy money on him in that situation. Maybe they "only" offer 40-50m. That's a 30-40m loss. That's like losing an Aguero in the deal.

We should buy him for 60m plus bonuses and loan him back to them. We should pay them 30m each year for 2 years and the 3rd year based on add-on bonuses.

They take the 30 and add another 15 to get Suarez. With Suarez, Bale and a handful of decent prospects Spurs make 4th and get CL plus more money to spend on replacing Bale.

Everyone's a winner baby that the truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.