Gareth Bale

If Di Maria is willing to play rotational role, we should go for him and sell Sinclair. LW, LB, CB and arguably DM are where we could use depth signings, but I can only see CB being solved this summer.

NoahCity said:
If Di Maria is willing to play rotational role, we should go for him and sell Sinclair. LW, LB, CB and arguably DM are where we could use depth signings, but I can only see CB being solved this summer.

where would he play, imo we dont need him and should give a youth player like suarez that role

Joehannes said:
LoveCity said:
Di Marzio says Spurs have turned down 70million euros + Coentrao because they want Modric or Di Maria. However, neither Modric or Di Maria wants to join Spurs. The fact that they are open to selling Di Maria is interesting... if City really are still after another winger he would take our attacking options from farking great to super-mega-uber great.
Madrid are stacked in midfield too. Think we need a holding midfielder for the Champions League but there seem to be few really good ones about who have age on their side. I know he's nearly 32 but if we binned Garcia and/or Barry, I'd put a bid in for Pepe, Di Maria (if we want a left winger) and Alonso.

just di maria and pepe for me.

we have yaya, fernandinho, milner, rodwell who all can play well in the middle.

plus barry and garcia are still on our books for cup games.

56. userds5050
5 MINUTES AGO
It's worth noting that Bale (soon to become the world's most expensive player in history) came through an English academy. I know he's Welsh but we're not supposed to produce technically good players. That's why the England team has failed for the last 30 odd years, right? Poor coaching, foreign imports, Premier league ect... right? right?

<Tin hat on>

Is it only me who can't get his head around all this Bale hype?

He's got pace and can put a cross in - check.
And playing more centrally he's had one good season - check.

But £85 fecking million? Come on FFS. That makes £35m for Andy Carroll or £50m for a Torres who couldnt score in a brothel, seem very very reasonable. And we all know how stupid those fees were.

Bale is a very decent £30m ~ £35m player. Nothing more. Surely???

Chippy_boy said:
<Tin hat on>

But £85 fecking million? Come on FFS. That makes £35m for Andy Carroll or £50m for a Torres who couldnt score in a brothel, seem very very reasonable. And we all know how stupid those fees were.

The point is that neither Liverpool or Newcastle wanted to sell, likewise spurs now - therefore you end up with a ridiculously inflated fee - way above what they are actually worth.

It's like someone really wanting to buy your house even though you are happy there and haven't put it up for sale - you'll eventually sell if you get offered silly money for it but you are pretty unlikely to sell if they just offer you the market value.

Chippy_boy said:
<Tin hat on>

I would say in the market at moment 50-60 million. He has been world class for the past two years now and won so many game for Spurs singlehandedly last season.

.....................illarramendi............................Modric....................

Isco.......................................Bale....................................Ronaldo

.......................................Benzema (possibly Suarez)......................

Would be hilarious if Madrid didn't win the league or the CL with that attacking line up.

Malty said:
56. userds5050
5 MINUTES AGO
It's worth noting that Bale (soon to become the world's most expensive player in history) came through an English academy. I know he's Welsh but we're not supposed to produce technically good players. That's why the England team has failed for the last 30 odd years, right? Poor coaching, foreign imports, Premier league ect... right? right?

The whole point is that he is not a technically gifted player. He is the type of player produced in Britian in that he is fast and can kick the ball hard and actually fails to make simple passes to retain the ball!!!

Chippy_boy said:
<Tin hat on>

Abso-fucking-lutely this!

I must be missing something if Real are prepared to pay more for Bale than Tranny! The world's gone stark raving mad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.