Gareth Bale

Dribble said:
Chippy_boy said:
<Tin hat on>

Is it only me who can't get his head around all this Bale hype?

He's got pace and can put a cross in - check.
And playing more centrally he's had one good season - check.

But £85 fecking million? Come on FFS. That makes £35m for Andy Carroll or £50m for a Torres who couldnt score in a brothel, seem very very reasonable. And we all know how stupid those fees were.

Bale is a very decent £30m ~ £35m player. Nothing more. Surely???
Abso-fucking-lutely this!

I must be missing something if Real are prepared to pay more for Bale than Tranny! The world's gone stark raving mad!

I'd say you're probably missing something. Bale is a world class player.

Agree that there are only 2 players in the world who should be commanding this sort of fee, Ronaldo and Messi.

£40-50m in today's market would seem to be about right for Bale IMO

There's no way he's going to go and score 40-50 goals a year like those other 2 have the ability to.

Moorsey 2002 said:
Agree that there are only 2 players in the world who should be commanding this sort of fee, Ronaldo and Messi.

£40-50m in today's market would seem to be about right for Bale IMO

There's no way he's going to go and score 40-50 goals a year like those other 2 have the ability to.

You have to judge it at where the market is now, not what Ronaldo cost 2/3 years ago.

Cavani went for £55m - different positions but Id rather have Bale in my team. Same with Falcao.

Therefore he is worth £60m +. £100m is excessive though.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Chippy_boy said:
<Tin hat on>

But £85 fecking million? Come on FFS. That makes £35m for Andy Carroll or £50m for a Torres who couldnt score in a brothel, seem very very reasonable. And we all know how stupid those fees were.

I would say in the market at moment 50-60 million. He has been world class for the past two years now and won so many game for Spurs singlehandedly last season.

.....................illarramendi............................Modric....................

Isco.......................................Bale....................................Ronaldo

.......................................Benzema (possibly Suarez)......................

Would be hilarious if Madrid didn't win the league or the CL with that attacking line up.

would be hilarious seen as they wont line up like that

Chippy_boy said:
<Tin hat on>

In my opinion Suarez had a better season last year yet hes only being touted for around £50m its bonkers. Yeah Bale is an excellent player but I would feel robbed of anything more than £40m.

*steel hat*

hgblue said:
Dribble said:
Chippy_boy said:
<Tin hat on>

Abso-fucking-lutely this!

I must be missing something if Real are prepared to pay more for Bale than Tranny! The world's gone stark raving mad!

I'd say you're probably missing something. Bale is a world class player.
Nope, I've recently been to Specsavers and my eyesight is 100%.

As Chippy Boy said: "Bale is a very decent £30m ~ £35m player. Nothing more."

Bale wouldn't be in my World XI - not even on the bench, so by my reckoning, that makes him not world class.

quiet_riot said:
Bale wouldn't be in my World XI - not even on the bench, so by my reckoning, that makes him not world class.

He's not world class because he wouldn't get into your world XI? Yet the world record transfer fee is about to get smashed? I'd suggest some of you wouldn't know a world class player if you fell over one.

hgblue said:
quiet_riot said:

He's not world class because he wouldn't get into your world XI? Yet the world record transfer fee is about to get smashed? I'd suggest some of you wouldn't know a world class player if you fell over one.

Football is a game of opinions in your opinion he is world class in the other posters opinion who i happen to agree with he is not, if you want to go down the world eleven route where does he play? if you play a 4-3 -3 he isnt going to replace ronaldo or messi in a wide role and he isnt going to replace iniesta on the left of a 4 - 4 -2 in the position he plays in their are better players and yes he is a very good player but the fact is he has only played at tottenham and has only had 2 half good seasons for them, its not like he has smashed the league beat all goal scoring and assist records and been brilliant in the champs league and on the world stage, he is the product of an over active and vociferous media nothing more nothing less than a very good player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.