Gareth Bale

hgblue said:
leewill31 said:
hgblue said:
He's not world class because he wouldn't get into your world XI? Yet the world record transfer fee is about to get smashed? I'd suggest some of you wouldn't know a world class player if you fell over one.

Has done nothing yet to even be considered world class....

If he goes Real Madrid he has a chance to prove himself world class and will have a hell of a lot of pressure to justify such a crazy fee.

i hope he has the balls to what is ahead of him in such a move otherwise he could very well just crash and burn.

Crash and burn? You lot crack me up ;).

Ok i'm biting, explain to me why he's world class?

He's a very good player who's won the sum total of fuck all, granted he's had a couple of good seasons but that doesn't make him world class.

You're also talking about a player who struggled at the start of his spurs career and was nearly shown the door back to the championship. Was it 24 games he played without winning one?

He looks great in our fast paced league, however he's technically miles away from being 'world class'.

As for the crash and burn comment, i guess he meant that it's a new country with language barriers to overcome and who really knows how he'll settle, bet there's not that many English speakers in the dressing room maybe 5 or 6.

For £85 million i'd snap their hands off he's worth nowhere near that.

inchy14 said:
hgblue said:
leewill31 said:
Has done nothing yet to even be considered world class....

If he goes Real Madrid he has a chance to prove himself world class and will have a hell of a lot of pressure to justify such a crazy fee.

i hope he has the balls to what is ahead of him in such a move otherwise he could very well just crash and burn.

He's a very good player who's won the sum total of fuck all, granted he's had a couple of good seasons but that doesn't make him world class.

You're also talking about a player who struggled at the start of his spurs career and was nearly shown the door back to the championship. Was it 24 games he played without winning one?

He looks great in our fast paced league, however he's technically miles away from being 'world class'.

As for the crash and burn comment, i guess he meant that it's a new country with language barriers to overcome and who really knows how he'll settle, bet there's not that many English speakers in the dressing room maybe 5 or 6.

When he's tearing La Liga a new one then perhaps you'll be able to see what some can already see now, and why Madrid are about to smash the record transfer fee to sign him. Any muppet can see Messi is world class but can you spot a world class player in the making? In the case of many on here I'd say not.

Marco Reus: 50 goals & 36 assists in 118 starts. Price - £30m.

Gareth Bale: 43 goals & 31 assists in 136 starts. Price - £86m."

Proelia said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Proelia said:
would be hilarious seen as they wont line up like that
What do you think there starting line up would then?

4-2-3-1

regular backline

Alonso/khedira

bale-ozil-ronaldo

benzema

Agree with this. Isco will be lucky to start half of Madrids games he's gunna be sorry he didn't pick us soon enough. But boy will Madrid have some squad wow.

Proelia said:

Boom

stony said:
Proelia said:

Boom
Look at the progression Bale has made (and is still making) though - it's incredible. He started off as a shit left back. Over the next 100 games, lets see how many goals and assists the pair of them get...

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
stony said:
Proelia said:

Boom

thats a sensational stat

Says it all that really.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:01 pm --<br /><br />
hgblue said:
inchy14 said:
hgblue said:

When he's tearing La Liga a new one then perhaps you'll be able to see what some can already see now, and why Madrid are about to smash the record transfer fee to sign him. Any muppet can see Messi is world class but can you spot a world class player in the making? In the case of many on here I'd say not.

Ok so when he's tearing up the 2/3 team league with the richest side of all time i'll personally think he's still a good player who took the easier option instead of staying and turning spurs into genuine top 4/ title contenders.

I personally think he'll score around 15-20 goals next season thats all, won't be on free kicks or penalties for starters and will be over shadowed by Ronaldo.

Big fish small pond at the moment, thats certainly going to change.

Proelia said:

This is a point I tried to make a few pages ago. All Bale can physically offer is goals, assists and marketing value and it seems he is being priced levels ahead of his equals. Barca have snapped up much better bet for 40m, same for Bayern.

NQCitizen said:
Proelia said:

This is a point I tried to make a few pages ago. All Bale can physically offer is goals, assists and marketing value and it seems he is being priced levels ahead of his equals. Barca have snapped up much better bet for 40m, same for Bayern.

Or, maybe, just maybe, he's better than our resident experts think he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.