Gareth Bale

Ray78 said:
pudge said:
Ray78 said:
At 80m I am expecting one or two medals and a few season in the Champions League.
Why?

I'm not saying he's worth £80m, but you certainly don't buy a player based on what he's won. Nor do you justify his price tag by the same means

It is a rough guide in what you are getting and how he handles the pressure games imo.
"Rough" being the main word, it says more about the team.

Bale scored against us, United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Lyon and Inter last season. He performs in the "big" games. Again, he may not be worth £80m but he's worth more than £35m

pudge said:
Ray78 said:
pudge said:
Why?

I'm not saying he's worth £80m, but you certainly don't buy a player based on what he's won. Nor do you justify his price tag by the same means

It is a rough guide in what you are getting and how he handles the pressure games imo.
"Rough" being the main word, it says more about the team.

Bale scored against us, United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Lyon and Inter last season. He performs in the "big" games. Again, he may not be worth £80m but he's worth more than £35m

Probably a bit low in valuation but I am just being an awkward sod. £50m and maybe 60m is pushing it.

Financial worth
A players financial worth is really not exclusively determined by his talent and prospects. Ronaldo was certainly worth more when he went to Real Madrid than Bale is worth at this moment. But that was four years ago and there are other factors that can make an £80million bid for Bale seem right not least because Ronaldos transfer was four years ago and the money involved during transfer changes ( increases) with time.

Bale has been a vital element in a team that are willing to pretend themselves ambitious enough not to sell their stars. He is probably the most sort after player in the world at the moment by all the top clubs. He is also young and have good development prospects. All this comes into play when the final price is actually settled. Also the timing of negotiations can also play a part for example if Levy decides to hold on until the last minute(final day) and a club makes a bumper bid for Bale in order to force totenhams hand then the price will be different as well. That's why Newcastle allowed Caroll to go because Liverpool played their last hand, no time left, take or leave it move and Newcastle had to bulge and pocketed a sweet £35 million. It is clear that Carroll is not worth that much but that is the reality of the interactions and conditions at that time. And you will find this to be a common savvy negotiation strategy by clubs that own the players- leave it to last minute and hope that they come back with an offer that we cannot refuse but this is also a gamble of course.

Other factors include:
Nationality:Indigenous players tend to go at higher rates because of a number of factors such as small adaptation curve, familiarly with culture and systems and also the general hype home grown players tend to get compared to foreign players which bumps their price tag. Players from certain places like Africa and Asia tend to be cheaper than their European and South American counterparts.This is due to level of disparity between the pedigree of business and money involved in general management.

Position of player: Strikers tend to be more expensive and full backs least expensive.

The caliber of clubs involved in negotiations: For instance, if stoke city wants to sign bale, they will probably be looking at a £180 million fee (just making stuff up) and a £700,000- £1,000,000 per week deal or even more as that is only what can convince spurs and may convince bale to go to stoke no matter how far fetched that sounds. Whereas City will only need to fight off Real Madrid with an £80- £85 million bid as the benefits of playing for city compared to real madrid are clear: champions league, opportunities to win titles, easy commute to his hometown and easy access to family, don't have to leave the country etc. All this will put down the price and make it easier for Bale to sign for City rather than sign for stoke. Apart from the fact that he will never sign for Stoke of course.

Strength of negotiation team: I know agents are a pain but a wise, business-astute agent that knows the game (player transfer game that is , not football) goes a long way. A sound lawyer is also important.

Commercial worth: Players that can benefit the club commercially in terms of endorsements, sponsorship, sale of merchandise and improving the profile of the club also tend to cost more.

The point I'm making is that a players financial worth is a misnomer that cannot really be accurately determined and does not necessarily reflect the player's football talent and prospects.

Its all depends on the climate of negotiations and interactions at that particular point in time.

Knowing how I rate Gareth Bale as I've said a million times already, £80 million in this current climate is not abnormal or obscene at all in light of the fiscal conditions in today's market.

Blueband Brother said:
Financial worth
A players financial worth is really not exclusively determined by his talent and prospects. Ronaldo was certainly worth more when he went to Real Madrid than Bale is worth at this moment. But that was four years ago and there are other factors that can make an £80million bid for Bale seem right not least because Ronaldos transfer was four years ago and the money involved during transfer changes ( increases) with time.

Bale has been a vital element in a team that are willing to pretend themselves ambitious enough not to sell their stars. He is probably the most sort after player in the world at the moment by all the top clubs. He is also young and have good development prospects. All this comes into play when the final price is actually settled. Also the timing of negotiations can also play a part for example if Levy decides to hold on until the last minute(final day) and a club makes a bumper bid for Bale in order to force totenhams hand then the price will be different as well. That's why Newcastle allowed Caroll to go because Liverpool played their last hand, no time left, take or leave it move and Newcastle had to bulge and pocketed a sweet £35 million. It is clear that Carroll is not worth that much but that is the reality of the interactions and conditions at that time. And you will find this to be a common savvy negotiation strategy by clubs that own the players- leave it to last minute and hope that they come back with an offer that we cannot refuse but this is also a gamble of course.

Other factors include:
Nationality:Indigenous players tend to go at higher rates because of a number of factors such as small adaptation curve, familiarly with culture and systems and also the general hype home grown players tend to get compared to foreign players which bumps their price tag. Players from certain places like Africa and Asia tend to be cheaper than their European and South American counterparts.This is due to level of disparity between the pedigree of business and money involved in general management.

Position of player: Strikers tend to be more expensive and full backs least expensive.

The caliber of clubs involved in negotiations: For instance, if stoke city wants to sign bale, they will probably be looking at a £180 million fee (just making stuff up) and a £700,000- £1,000,000 per week deal or even more as that is only what can convince spurs and may convince bale to go to stoke no matter how far fetched that sounds. Whereas City will only need to fight off Real Madrid with an £80- £85 million bid as the benefits of playing for city compared to real madrid are clear: champions league, opportunities to win titles, easy commute to his hometown and easy access to family, don't have to leave the country etc. All this will put down the price and make it easier for Bale to sign for City rather than sign for stoke. Apart from the fact that he will never sign for Stoke of course.

Strength of negotiation team: I know agents are a pain but a wise, business-astute agent that knows the game (player transfer game that is , not football) goes a long way. A sound lawyer is also important.

Commercial worth: Players that can benefit the club commercially in terms of endorsements, sponsorship, sale of merchandise and improving the profile of the club also tend to cost more.

The point I'm making is that a players financial worth is a misnomer that cannot really be accurately determined and does not necessarily reflect the player's football talent and prospects.

Its all depends on the climate of negotiations and interactions at that particular point in time.

Knowing how I rate Gareth Bale as I've said a million times already, £80 million in this current climate is not abnormal or obscene at all in light of the fiscal conditions in today's market.

are you Daniel Levy?

BringBackSwales said:
Blueband Brother said:
Financial worth

Other factors include:

are you Daniel Levy?

I wish I could take control of his mind and sell Gareth Bale to us for £50. Then let him be.

Blueband Brother said:
Financial worth

Other factors include:

thank you for the lesson :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.