Gareth Bale

kanovic said:
robbieh said:
Personally would prefer di Maria. Much better all round footballer. OK Bale scores some spectacular goals but for me Angel is a better team player and would suit our other players more.

Lol wut??? You ever watch di Maria play?

Watched both of em plenty.

Bale has the best strike in world football. But di Maria has much better close control,he also appreciates the play around him better. Not surprising as he is an Argentine international.

Bale is a very good premier league player but I just feel that di Maria would fit in with Silva and Kun much better. And he'd be a lot cheaper.

robbieh said:
kanovic said:
robbieh said:
Personally would prefer di Maria. Much better all round footballer. OK Bale scores some spectacular goals but for me Angel is a better team player and would suit our other players more.

Lol wut??? You ever watch di Maria play?

Watched both of em plenty.

Bale has the best strike in world football. But di Maria has much better close control,he also appreciates the play around him better. Not surprising as he is an Argentine international.

Bale is a very good premier league player but I just feel that di Maria would fit in with Silva and Kun much better. And he'd be a lot cheaper.

My initial problem with Bale especially for the money was always that I didn't think he could fit into a tikki-takka possession based team. Pick up the ball, run at goal, cross it or shoot and try and score.

Now however, the guy is scoring with so many of those shots he's going to be an asset to whoever he joins. I can see the reasoning behind preferring Di Maria in our team, I'd agree in part, but Bale is turning into a real monster of a player. Just having him in your squad can draw off two players freeing up the likes of Silva to knock through ball after through ball to Kun.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/20/gareth-bale-tottenham-contract" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... m-contract</a>

next year then

Bale is great player but not for me too many injuries not worth the gamble at silly money.

No thanks.

derekthedog said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/20/gareth-bale-tottenham-contract

next year then

I don't care what any Spurs fan says, Bale will no doubt be offered a big contract this Summer, but to say a few teams won't offer big money for him this Summer as well are naive.

Bale will see what's on the table before signing any extension in my opinion, Champions League football can be highly persuasive in a transfer to any player.

At the moment is stock is as high as its ever been. Theres no guarantee spurs will get champions league football place next season either and he may not get the same opportunities should he pick up an injury or have a dip in form. I'd be surprised if he doesn't move somewhere else this summer.

PicsArt_1369085061079_zps360c0b72.jpg

Its a done deal.... he's ours!!

I do think it's a poor decision by Spuds. Obviously he is a very good player but he carried their entire team this season, the rest of their squad isn't good enough to get them to Champions League football. So if Bale doesn't match this seasons performances or gets injured they're screwed. Levy is a tight arse and they have a new stadium to pay for so the squad won't have significant investment this summer.

They should have cashed in on him when they could get silly money and strengthen their entire squad. That would be much more beneficial than having one superstar and the rest average.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.