Gareth Bale

Re:

moomba said:
Who are these clubs that would pay £90m without blinking?

I can't think of one that would pay anywhere near that, blinking or not.

Real Madrid. PSG. Monaco. Would be my guesses, but hopefully we wouldn't consider such an offer anyway, we'll cross that bridge when we to it next season I suppose

Re:

moomba said:

The only club that'd do that imo is PSG. Nobody else.

Madrid will pay 40m euro + Di Maria or 60-70m euro. This talk of 80m + Di Maria is hysterical.

spurspinter1 said:
pudge said:
spurspinter1 said:
As was the original proposal. But actually we'd be silly to be swapping out academy graduates who I do think will be valuable members of the squad in the coming season
At least the valuation of that posters proposal works out to a more than reasonable minimum of £65m.

Whereas yours has Sergio valued at about £20/30m...

It's not actually 65m though is it? You're talking about agent fees as well as wages that go well beyond what we would pay for the quality of player at hand and my Spurs version of the offer wasn't meant to be taken literally, it was another version of an offer which would not be considered by the club receiving it. Fair enough if folks think we would consider a few of your squad players and 25m, it's just a difference in opinion, I'm quite confident Levy would be on my side of the fence as opposed to yours so I'm not too worried.
I'm not agreeing that you would accept that offer.

I was just highlighting that your comparison of an offer was indeed bollocks.

Rammyblues said:
Sure I just heard on Talkshite that he is about to offered new contract to stay at spuds.

"There was contact between the club and his agent last year and there is ongoing contact between the club and his agent," Villas-Boas said.

He's got another three years as it stands

pudge said:
I'm not agreeing that you would accept that offer.

I was just highlighting that your comparison of an offer was indeed bollocks.

Much ado about nothing then, the offer was not meant to be an exact replica of worth, I'll try to be clearer when saying something tongue in cheek.

Re: Re:

spurspinter1 said:
moomba said:

Real Madrid. PSG. Monaco. Would be my guesses, but hopefully we wouldn't consider such an offer anyway, we'll cross that bridge when we to it next season I suppose
Makes no odds who will bid for him. The player will have a club he wants to play for and I will be flabbergasted if he chose a French side over Real Madrid or say City or United. If Madrid want him and say he's the next Ronaldo etc they will offer him good money and tap him up and then say to Spurs they will pay X amount tops. Levy won't pull a Torres because Madrid wont be that desperate or stupid. Levy is seen as a mastermind yet he sold Modric for 10m less than he could have and he cost you dearly bynot ssigning Moutinho and Damaio and instead tried to be stingy. That cost you 4th.

Bale will attract Madrid and Madrid will know they are the pull. This isn't a Cavani deal where player wants a payday move and owner auctions to whoever. This is a players career defining move and the player will choose a club and the club will be stuck with few options for bids. Of course you can keep him but I guarantee Bale has a clause in this new deal.

NipHolmes said:
Talk about twisted logic.

Nasri and Dzeko are better players than any of the options you have in those positions. Adebayor and Dembele are behind Dzeko and Nasri all day long.

To compare them to Livermore and Townsend is fucking laughable. No other way of putting it.

Bale is not a 90m player either. He is a 50m tops. His injuries are a concern and whilst I rate him highly too much is made of last season. He is the best player but I'd say Suarez was. People sat he's the third best in the world but I laugh and bring up Iniesta, Suarez, Neymar, Robben, Muller, Goetze, Cavani, Falcao and Ibrahimovic etc.

Bale is a tremendous talent but the hyperbole is too much now. Talk of him costing more than Ronaldo is tripe. He isn't as consistent, he doesn't have the same media profile and he won't sell sand to Arabs like Ronaldo's endorsement can. United sold a Balon Dor winner and multiple player of the year rather than a player who's only been a league best player once and imo was successful down to the fact his closest competition was banned and had already won it. I don't mean to sound abrupt and I really do rate Bale, I want him here next summer over any other player bar Messi basically but these numbers and the hype is too much now. Sense needs to be restored.

Nasri and Dzeko being compared to Ade and Dembele doesn't really matter, Levy will know what he's worth.<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:18 pm --<br /><br />
NipHolmes said:
Makes no odds who will bid for him. The player will have a club he wants to play for and I will be flabbergasted if he chose a French side over Real Madrid or say City or United. If Madrid want him and say he's the next Ronaldo etc they will offer him good money and tap him up and then say to Spurs they will pay X amount tops. Levy won't pull a Torres because Madrid wont be that desperate or stupid. Levy is seen as a mastermind yet he sold Modric for 10m less than he could have and he cost you dearly bynot ssigning Moutinho and Damaio and instead tried to be stingy. That cost you 4th.

Bale will attract Madrid and Madrid will know they are the pull. This isn't a Cavani deal where player wants a payday move and owner auctions to whoever. This is a players career defining move and the player will choose a club and the club will be stuck with few options for bids. Of course you can keep him but I guarantee Bale has a clause in this new deal.

I think he'll definitely end up at Real Madrid at some point, fair play to him as well. I don't think there is any chance his next move will be to United or City, but I have explained my thoughts on the matter (probably on this thread) so don't feel the need to repeat myself.

spurspinter1 said:
NipHolmes said:
Talk about twisted logic.

Nasri and Dzeko are better players than any of the options you have in those positions. Adebayor and Dembele are behind Dzeko and Nasri all day long.

To compare them to Livermore and Townsend is fucking laughable. No other way of putting it.

Bale is not a 90m player either. He is a 50m tops. His injuries are a concern and whilst I rate him highly too much is made of last season. He is the best player but I'd say Suarez was. People sat he's the third best in the world but I laugh and bring up Iniesta, Suarez, Neymar, Robben, Muller, Goetze, Cavani, Falcao and Ibrahimovic etc.

Bale is a tremendous talent but the hyperbole is too much now. Talk of him costing more than Ronaldo is tripe. He isn't as consistent, he doesn't have the same media profile and he won't sell sand to Arabs like Ronaldo's endorsement can. United sold a Balon Dor winner and multiple player of the year rather than a player who's only been a league best player once and imo was successful down to the fact his closest competition was banned and had already won it. I don't mean to sound abrupt and I really do rate Bale, I want him here next summer over any other player bar Messi basically but these numbers and the hype is too much now. Sense needs to be restored.

Nasri and Dzeko being compared to Ade and Dembele doesn't really matter, Levy will know what he's worth.

Levy will think he's worth more than he is.

You have a team built on a budget that's doing good. I rate Spurs but the problem is bar Bale you have no world class talents. If I was Levy I'd chomp at the bit for any deal involving Nasri and Dzeko. Both would lift your quality and make you more threatening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.