"Gareth Barry is awful"

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Hardly 100 per cent fit but will always be exposed at the highest of levels.

There's no shame in it, plenty of players who also couldn't cut it at international level such as John Barnes.

I'd say there was half our team played worse than him last night. A lot of them were exposed as either not being at the very top level, or not match fit -take your pick.
We weren't quick enough or clever enough to retain the ball so as to get the pressure off, apart from a couple of short spells. Barry may have been exposed to an extent, but, so was the vast majority of the team. I thought he had a reasonable game.

Re: "Gareth Barry is awful"

Barry Maicon and Garcia needed subbing but after Nasri injury we had to subs left Rodwell for Garcia and Zab for Maicon bit then there would of been no Dzeko just think the Nasri injury made options for manager harder

Thought Barry did ok last night, one for our better players. Thought he had a far better game than Garcia tbh

The bloke has missed pre-season and has had about 30mins worth of football this season, so being thrown into 90 minutes in the Bernebau was always going to be tough. He did OK, but did tire in the last 10-15mins or so, which isn't surprising.

should have brought him off half time, but guess due to nas injury options were pretty thin, hes no where near match fit, but sometimes u need to take a chance,but he was out on his feet for sure

I thought the Dzeko supporters were crazy.Its the eyes rights that's how Barry get's you.
I would say Barry had an average game.Good league player but Champions league is too big a step.Then again we did just barely lose to a team that was crowned as the favourite for this year for the champ league at their own home.Seeing Garcia last night showed how much we needed that type of player.

Gareth played really well last night for an hour. Then he was literally on empty for the rest of the game. It looked like he was running in treacle at times. He couldn't move his feet quick enough to tackle Özil(?) for Benzema's goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.