"Gareth Barry is awful"

Re: Gareth Barry is awful

BUDGE712 said:
sweynforkbeard said:
Definitely undervalued and underated. Though plenty of Blues took time to be convinced. Mate who sits on other side of the stadium to me said this guy behind him who regularly shouted, 'You fat twat, Barry,' suddenly switched part of the way through last season to, 'Great stuff, Gareth, well done!' causing most of the rows in front of him to turn round in amazement.

If your mate stands in East level 1 Block 110, I could be that "convert" though I challenge the "Great stuff, Gareth, well done". More like - "That's better, you fat twat " On the other hand, it might not be me.

That really made me chuckle!

I think Barry is not unlike what Makalele was to Chelsea, who also really wasn't appreciated that much, but when he left they really struggled to fill that role and are still struggling to replace him. Gareth is the same kind of player for us and if we didn't have NDJ we'd miss him beyond belief.

The cookie monster said:
Apparently our whole team is playing bad because Barry is missing.
The most important player in our team according to some
we were shit at liverpool because the manager played the wrong system with the players that we had available for that game! we won the title playing a certain way...why change that? we were lucky not to get mullered at anfield to be honest.

Echo all the plaudits and as said world class positional play doesn't get on the MotD highlights package. His discipline must be a joy for Berto, his fat arse CAN NOT be shoved off the ball and he is a maser of simply stealing the ball from a player. Cant come back soon enough and straight back in the team for me

The cookie monster said:
Like an engine if a key part is missing it doesn't work...Barry is a vital cog in our machine whilst never the most eye catching something is missing it was obvious V Southampton and even clearer V Liverpool

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
The cookie monster said:
Like an engine if a key part is missing it doesn't work...Barry is a vital cog in our machine whilst never the most eye catching something is missing it was obvious V Southampton and even clearer V Liverpool
You could say the same about,hart,kompany,ya ya,silva,aguero etc.
We have a world class team and if Barry is preventing us from playing well because he is missing . . . .then the mind boggles!
And for the record I like Barry.

fans inevitably watch the ball, that is what they pay money for after all
scouts/coaches watch positional play, decision making when not on the ball and being available to receive the ball/make space for others.
escalation of criticism is bread-and-butter for forums, starts off "short of pace" and ends up "couldnt catch a snail" etc
a case in point, someone hits a 50 yard pass across the pitch and gets routinely applauded, meanwhile the defence gets back and the momentum has gone. Fans clap, manager goes apeshit.
english players with a brain are rare in the prem but GB is definitely one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.