Gareth Barry Retires

Loved Gaz Barry, weirdly the only player to this day that I have had put on a shirt (the black and gold away kit).

Be a great move to get him into the EDS, great professional and top player.

A lot of pundits stating how underrated Barry has been over his career , but i dont think that applies to our support , he was recognised as a vital cog in the team , and only Fernandinho has proved his equal , remember some scoffing at the £12m price tag , wish we could get another GB for £120m now.

Fantastic professional. Fans of every other club didn’t rate him. We knew better though. Was always a 7/8 out of 10 every game for me. (Apart from the collective horror show when Poch first took over at Southampton!)
Awful game! Did he score an OG in that?

He's a player that needs to play for your team to realsie how good he actually is. Top player and I'm sure he'd do a great job on the telly

One of my mates is an Everton fan and he could never understand why Barry started every week for City. Didn’t win games like Yaya, didn’t fly around like De Jong, didn’t play box-to-box like Milner. Just watching our highlights he didn’t seem to add much.

After Barry moved to Everton the same lad texted me a few games in and said “I get it now.”

Understated and under-appreciated by opposition fans, but a key cog in an excellent team. Great positional sense, a selfless team player, a crisp passer of the ball and one of the best game managers we’ve had at City.

Superb technician and player totally committed to the cause for us. Will always go down as underrated but we know how good he was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.