Gareth Barry

sweep said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Neither of your points are exactly flawless, indeed petrov stepped up to the plate and replaced Barry for Villa and as i remember the reason Livepool didnt get him is because the Chief Executive at the time decided to buy a player Rafa didnt want, then when they did have the funds we "blew them out the water" and Rafa was very upset!!
In your previous post you seem to imply he's "got what it takes at the top level", I see no evidence of that. The fact that Rafa wanted him does nothing to convince me he's a top player as Rafa has bought a fair amount of shite over the last few years. I can't remember other title contenders bending over backwards to get him, he's nowt special.

Well to be honest mate your and my opinions count for fuck all but he has played in the Prem all his career for a fairly decent team moved to an even better one and has always started when available, played for England and now in a WC, so if he aint got what it takes at "the top level" that makes MON, Hughes, Mancini and Capello all complete mugs

BoyBlue_1985 said:
sweep said:
In your previous post you seem to imply he's "got what it takes at the top level", I see no evidence of that. The fact that Rafa wanted him does nothing to convince me he's a top player as Rafa has bought a fair amount of shite over the last few years. I can't remember other title contenders bending over backwards to get him, he's nowt special.

Well to be honest mate your and my opinions count for fuck all but he has played in the Prem all his career for a fairly decent team moved to an even better one and has always started when available, played for England and now in a WC, so if he aint got what it takes at "the top level" that makes MON, Hughes, Mancini and Capello all complete mugs
I think we have different ideas of 'top level' fella. Villa aren't close to a top prem side, City aren't yet a top prem side, England aren't a top international side.

sweep said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I think we have different ideas of 'top level' fella. Villa aren't close to a top prem side, City aren't yet a top prem side, England aren't a top international side.
I know what you mean by top level. He aint really been tested at it thats for sure, unfortunatly he is coming back from injury but if not maybe the Germany game could of proved something. Another problem is that time aint on his side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.