Gareth Barry

blue_bird said:
schumey04 said:
Oh you'll be annoyed will you? Well, we can't have that can we? Do we take it that you'll no longer be attending the games (thats if you do anyway) if Barry is in the starting line up?

That is probably THE most ridiculous comment I have ever come across in my time on Bluemoon.

You're showing your age there, kid.
Doesn't bother him as his daddy pays for everything

leighton said:
I dont think Barry has what is needed at the top level. All the top defensive midfielders at the World Cup offer a lot more than Barry. Barry has lost whatever speed he had and his passing has been hit and miss. I feel for England Barry is nowhere near the standard needed at the World Cup and in the big games he goes missing time and time again. I see his place for England up for grabs next season and the same at City more so if Yaya Toure comes to the club.

I feel for England Barry is nowhere near the standard needed at the World Cup
===================================
Funny how capello delayed announcing the squad giving him time to recover. 'KEY' to England's midfield.

Good Job not everybody shares your opinion..

levets said:
leighton said:
I dont think Barry has what is needed at the top level. All the top defensive midfielders at the World Cup offer a lot more than Barry. Barry has lost whatever speed he had and his passing has been hit and miss. I feel for England Barry is nowhere near the standard needed at the World Cup and in the big games he goes missing time and time again. I see his place for England up for grabs next season and the same at City more so if Yaya Toure comes to the club.

I feel for England Barry is nowhere near the standard needed at the World Cup
===================================
Funny how capello delayed announcing the squad giving him time to recover. 'KEY' to England's midfield.

Good Job not everybody shares your opinion..
TBF I think Leighton has a point, Barry might be 'key' to England's midfield but, on the evidence so far that just makes him 'key' to one of the competitions weaker midfields, hardly a glowing endorsement. Besides, when you look at who else might have been considered for that position (Carrick, Parker?) it hardly makes you think 'Fuck he must be world class to be ahead of them!' does it?

He's a decent enough player but I don't see him being 'key' to any midfield vying for either the world cup or the premiership.

leighton said:

Agree

schumey04 said:
leighton said:

Agree

So the fact Liverpool wanted him, Villa didnt want to lose him and Cappelo rates him as a great DM he is overrated and not got what it takes at the top level

Words fail me sometimes

BoyBlue_1985 said:
schumey04 said:

So the fact Liverpool wanted him, Villa didnt want to lose him and Cappelo rates him as a great DM he is overrated and not got what it takes at the top level

Words fail me sometimes
Liverpool wanted him but not enough to get the deal done. Judging by their finishing positions you'd be hard pressed to say Villa have missed him since he left.

sweep said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Words fail me sometimes
Liverpool wanted him but not enough to get the deal done. Judging by their finishing positions you'd be hard pressed to say Villa have missed him since he left.

Neither of your points are exactly flawless, indeed petrov stepped up to the plate and replaced Barry for Villa and as i remember the reason Livepool didnt get him is because the Chief Executive at the time decided to buy a player Rafa didnt want, then when they did have the funds we "blew them out the water" and Rafa was very upset!!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
sweep said:

Neither of your points are exactly flawless, indeed petrov stepped up to the plate and replaced Barry for Villa and as i remember the reason Livepool didnt get him is because the Chief Executive at the time decided to buy a player Rafa didnt want, then when they did have the funds we "blew them out the water" and Rafa was very upset!!
In your previous post you seem to imply he's "got what it takes at the top level", I see no evidence of that. The fact that Rafa wanted him does nothing to convince me he's a top player as Rafa has bought a fair amount of shite over the last few years. I can't remember other title contenders bending over backwards to get him, he's nowt special.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.