Gareth Barry

stonerblue said:
citytillidie24 said:
One of the best central midfield performances I've seen in years, he was everything for us this afternoon. Great use of the ball, great tackling, challenged them in the air. He's our best player at the moment and long may it continue. Fantastic player!

And when he does all this it's almost like he's invisible. He goes about his job with a calm assurance now he's settled down. I think he's one of those that, given the responsibility, would thrive as a captain.
Would like to see Barry keep the armband.

Solid,Dependable,Gets his foot in,doesn't winge,gets the job done.I wouldn't trade the lad for anyone,a proper team player,and that's a difficult commodity to find these days.Played superb today,took no prisoners.

I'm at a loss as to what exactly it is that he does, but whatever it is you don't half notice when he doesn't do it (ie not there).

He'll get little praise for today's performance from many (especially in the media), but he is the glue that keeps the whole thing together and going.

He's not particularly skilful, he's not vocal, he's not a hard man, and he's certainly not quick, he isn't the greatest tackler either, but he certainly makes our team tick somehow.

great pro and he had a great game today. my son wrote this for the sabotage times last week sums him up very well imo

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/manchester-city-how-gareth-barry-became-our-most-important-player/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-s ... nt-player/</a>

enjoy

He put in a sublime performance today. Epitomised the "unsung hero" role. The type of graft that wins matches and championships. Well played GB.

The last few matches he has been the 'woman master'. Against Bayern he dumped a few on the turf inbetween interceptions and quality passes - and then gave them a stare, like who the f**k are you!!.
He did the same against Chelsea, but faded like the rest - only to turn up for the last 15 mins. Dominated midfield again yesterday. I think thats why Nigel hasnt been missed as much as I thought he would be.
Not bad for someone with no pace. Makes me laugh when Merson and others say he shouldnt wear an England shirt. Jokers.

cleavers said:
He's not particularly skilful, he's not vocal, he's not a hard man, and he's certainly not quick, he isn't the greatest tackler either, but he certainly makes our team tick somehow.

It's possible his aesthetics have folk wrongly presuming he ain't hard, opponents come off him like they've tackled a step.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.