Gareth Barry

TonyM said:
Our most important midfielder at present. The only fear is that he is getting old.
Seeing as Both Barry and Milner have the same qualities(Milner might even be better) why doesn't Mancini play him in that position.He could take up that position when Barry has had enough.

I work with a (depressed) Villa fan at the moment who reckons when Barry used to get the ball for them there was a general air of relaxation amongst the fans as they knew he wouldn't give the ball away. Class player.

DanCity said:
I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me
Gareth
Gareth Barry

<To the tune of Lady Gaga-Papparazi>
That's gay.

He is just a superb player. He was doing things yesterday that would have been lauded if it was any other player, but as its Gareth Barry nothing is said in the commentary. Some of his passing was just exquisite.

The point about him getting old is interesting as I dont think it matters. He relies on his mental attributes more than pace etc.

Project said:
He is just a superb player. He was doing things yesterday that would have been lauded if it was any other player, but as its Gareth Barry nothing is said in the commentary. Some of his passing was just exquisite.

The point about him getting old is interesting as I dont think it matters. He relies on his mental attributes more than pace etc.

It will matter at some point. One day he will struggle to get up the stairs at home. I sincerely hope when that day arrives that he is not in our midfield.

On a serious note, Gaz Baz makes us tick. First name on the teamsheet for me.

I said yesterday our midfield would decide that game and the entire 3 played brilliant, great games from Garcia/Barry/Milner as a collective, despite the sending off we would still of ran midfield and we started the same. Impressed with all of them and i'm not at all worried that Yaya is away we will struggle in midfield.

If we can sort our goalscorers out and once Sergio is fit we can easily make up 7 points, which is actually 4 points because we have to play them at their place!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.