Gareth Barry

Barry has 18m Milner 30 months.

It would be a mistake not keeping them.

No progress though and I think Barry could be sold in the summer too as part of
the exercise to get wages down.

I think Kolo, Barry, Tevez and either Dzeko or Mario could be off in the summer.

I hope not but leaving contract talks to 12m
is madness as Arsenal have found.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Barry has 18m Milner 30 months.

It would be a mistake not keeping them.

No progress though and I think Barry could be sold in the summer too as part of
the exercise to get wages down.

I think Kolo, Barry, Tevez and either Dzeko or Mario could be off in the summer.

I hope not but leaving contract talks to 12m
is madness as Arsenal have found.

Any adequate replacement for Barry would be on much higher wages. Don't think there's any chance of him being sold, even if we do sign a world class de Rossi-type, Barry would still play 30 games a season.

Unsung hero. A key component of our title winning season, and remains just as important. It says it all that he's guaranteed a starting place when fit. He's our Didier Deschamps, does an important job, that's difficult to do, but makes it looks so easy. Players like Barry are crucial for title winning teams, the glamour players will win the headlines, but it the Barry types, that provide stability, and just keep things ticking over. You really notice them when they're not playing. Give the man a new contract.

Great comfort when he is in the side, you just know that he will break down moves hassle key opponents and always be at hand when others are stretched.

Also good distribution under pressure.

Well done Gareth. Sign him up!

ForzaMancini said:
Dare I say I rate him as the 2nd best midfielder in the league, only behind his partner Yaya Toure.
More consistent than his midfield partner - and I think more important to us. Not as good as terms of ability but I know who I'd rather be without.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Philbo said:
Just want to say how underrated this guy is. He's a brilliant footballer and a massive part of our team. A real un sung hero.

His performance yesterday was text book Barry, read the game brilliantly and makes the right decisions time and time again.

Reading the game brilliantly and making correct decisions (unless it's the decision to slam one in the top corner) gets little notice! GazBaz makes as big a contribution to the team effort as anyone!

Gets my vote - we play much better when he is in the team. He makes the odd bad pass but mainly because he's on the ball more than most

Vital we keep him beyond his contract ,then as he nears the end of his career give a coaching job, we need to tap into that football brain of his.

Nice to see him having the freedom to roam forward recently, with Javi Garcia in defensive midfield.

Just watching the game again.

Barry was awesome,no other words,he bossed that midfield.

MOTM for me and,while he may not play as much game time next season,he must surely be making the decision on a contract extension very easy.....!

Pound for pound,up there with our best signings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.