Gareth Southgate

I just hope Southgate watches this game back again and realise and learn the mistake he made, if in the next tournament he does similar he ain’t the manager I thought he was.

I just hope Southgate watches this game back again and realise and learn the mistake he made, if in the next tournament he does similar he ain’t the manager I thought he was.
Yeah with the damage Sterling was doing in the first half the only sub to be made was Vardy or Rashford for Alli (who was about as much use as a chocolate teapot) to stretch the other side and collapse the Croatian line.

Wolf in a sheep's waistcoat. Led us to believe long ball football was dead, then played long ball football.
The players did that to be fair. All players can panic when leading and ignore the managers instructions. I seem to remember much better players ignoring a much better manager in Monaco the season before last.

City have De Bruyne, Silva and Fernandinho - England don’t. You can’t control a midfield if the players aren’t good enough to do so.
And Croatia have a midfielder at Real Madrid and another at Barcelona. Even France will have problems in midfield against Modric and Rakatic.

Average manager trying to copy peps tactics with inferior players. We only played two decent teams Belgium and Croatia .the later being a country of only four million inhabitants...........and lost twice.
Don't buy the media brain wash. Proud fabulous etc etc.

I didn't like him as a manager & was baffled with the decision to put him in charge. I also believe he made big mistakes Vs Croatia but I have to say he has grown on me so much as a manager & a man. The belief he gave that team and our nation was incredible

Did much better than i expected and proved to be pretty likeable but, them fucking substitutions in the last 2 games were shocking.

Couldn't believe what I was seeing when he replaced Henderson with Dier he had to put Delph in for Alli to strengthen up the midfield & cover the opposing right back. Also bringing off Trippier & leaving Walker on with your last available substitution knowing Trippier was struggling at the 90 minutes whistle with injury.

Couldn't believe what I was seeing when he replaced Henderson with Dier he had to put Delph in for Alli to strengthen up the midfield & cover the opposing right back. Also bringing off Trippier & leaving Walker on with your last available substitution knowing Trippier was struggling at the 90 minutes whistle with injury.
Delph should've started there imo, but he should deffo have been brought on before Dier. Sterling off against Colombia; big mistake. To make the exact same one against Croatia was naiive at best. In fact, why did he even make his pirst subs when the team was sort of working and were definitely winning the game.

Delph should've started there imo, but he should deffo have been brought on before Dier. Sterling off against Colombia; big mistake. To make the exact same one against Croatia was naiive at best. In fact, why did he even make his pirst subs when the team was sort of working and were definitely winning the game.

The Rashford for Sterling substitution was a complete waste on two fronts. Firstly, Raheem was playing well and scaring the Croatia defenders shitless. And secondly, it deprived the team of a later, more necessary/important change.

Southgate has grown on me during this tournament, but he let himself and his players down badly with his decisions on Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.