Gareth Southgate

Never understood giving someone like him a new contract when it's not expiring. It's not as if anyone is going to poach him, so why make it harder to fire him if need be? May as well just wait until after the WC and give him a new deal then if he deserves it. United are already looking like morons for giving Maureen that new deal last year, don't know what possible benefit they think they are getting from doing it

I don't think he should be picking players from The Championship.

If those players were good enough, they'd be playing for a top flight team.

I see he's been awarded the OBE in the new year's honours list. And Kane has got an MBE.

So at least Spurs can say they'll have won a trophy come mid-may.

Even before the Sterling bust up I was wondering about Southgate's attitude to City. The dropping of Walker, the none selection of Phil and now hanging out Sterling to dry begins to look like it.
Certainly his quotes about foreign players in youth set ups seem more directed at us and Chelsea.i guess he stood by Raheem over racism. Has he an issue?

yes. Walker, Foden, now Sterling. Even before this his treatment of sterling and lack of support really showed for me. But yes, I think the hate and bias is universal.

I expect Stones to be the next one dropped, in favour of some Liverpool player. Even the playing style - I have seen hints of should we play like LFC or like City and I expect that battle line to be drawn some time soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.