Gareth Southgate

Peps never going to take it, even if offered. The question is who replaces him? I can’t see any outstanding candidates. Not English ones anyway.

Does he need to be English? If so who? If not, who?
According to your philosophy, our players are just crap and the manager is an irrelevance to how they have played in Germany. So it makes no diferrence if the manager is outstanding or not? Can't have it both ways Magic?

Successful at what?

He didn't win anything
He was successful at not winning anything but still successful as he was less unsuccessful at being successful. You don't have to win to be successful even though winning is a success. Wales had a parade for being unsuccessful in a semi final, but England bested them by being both successful and unsuccessful getting to a final. Wales are much smaller nation but ability and expectation doesn't come into it.

It's also important to note you could play a good Brazillian side in the last 16 and lose on penalties. That is unsuccesful. You could beat Panama and North Macedonia on the way to losing to Croatia and that is a success.

Although an unsuccessful success.

To clarify if you win you are successful

If you lose you are obviously unsuccessful but can also be successful.

The draw you get and the players at your disposal have no bearing on what is deemed a unsuccessful success

The secret to being a good manager is therefore just a matter of avoiding those pesky teams, you know the ones with good players and a good manager. If you don't you will be just plain unsuccessful.

I think that just about clears up the fuckwits point of view.

Last edited:
I would prefer an English manager, but if Klopp rang the FA and said I would like the job, there would be no objections from me.

Fun in the sense of having a nice time with my mates and my Dad, watching in a range of pubs around Manchester where there was enough time to settle into a tournament before we were going home, with enough moments I'll remember for the rest of my life, and not getting dumped out in increasingly embarrassing ways.

I'm too young to remember 90 and Southgate was involved in 96! Everything else, including 04, was shite, embarrassing, or painful. 06-16 was shocking really.

I don't want to go overboard on him, it's definitely time for a change and he's far from an elite manager, but being a great tactical manager isn't always right for England.
I was nodding till the last sentence.

This is the Bosses opinion on Potter

Guardiola admitted that he was a "big fan" of Potter, saying that Potter's "Brighton are a joy to watch, a joy to analyse" and that his "players move with freedom and everyone knows what they have to do. They have the courage to play everywhere."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.