Gareth Southgate

Now starts our period of success :S

Glad he's gone. the stink and negativity around him is too much.

Most successful manager of recent times for England, though some moaners and whhiners will use whatever metric to prove he wasnt. He did a good job from my pov which has been seeing failure after failure at groups and not even qualifying.

People today expect more though. Good luck with that. We dont have the best players in the world as the media keep telling us. I dont expect the next manager to take us to the next level, I do think the best times are over but we will see.

Being a national manager is an old mans job. People may not agree but I'd be tempted to give the job to Twitcher. At least he may play some expansive football. Him and Rosie the perfect choice.

I read somewhere that the average age of the England manager is 43 years old, we see managers of the past like Alf Ramsey as old when they were relatively young.

Thanks god for that. Get somebody in with a bit of bravery as opposed to a glorified teacher!

He's been good in the sense of showing the players they can get to finals and deep into tournaments but fuck me has it been a bore. This Euros specifically, felt like the end right from the start of it - no real conviction in a lot of what they did.

Why do they say he almost won us a trophy, he never did and if you watched both finals you ll know what I am talking about. Apart from beating Spain away in that Europa conference with Sterling and Rashford in their prime he ALWAYS FECKING FAILED to nudge any team decent above average! Totally clueless and good riddance! The only worse thing is those FA chancers will pick Carsley. Or anybody knows if Boohtroyd is available?
To be fair, the first half hour or so against Italy in the Euro 2020 final 3 years ago could've easily seen us go 3 goals up. We absolutely battered them in that spell but once Italy got a foothold in the game it was they who eventually looked the more likely winners as time went on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.