Gareth Southgate

You must have been watching a different game to me. First 10/15 mins.

England had a total of 6 shots in the game with 1 on target.

Absolutely got battered after that opening goal and it shouldn’t even had to have gone to penalties.
Yeah, it was 3 years ago now so maybe my memory is playing tricks with me. We started off like a house on fire though but I agree that Italy were the better team overall in the end and we were lucky it went to pens

To be fair, the first half hour or so against Italy in the Euro 2020 final 3 years ago could've easily seen us go 3 goals up. We absolutely battered them in that spell but once Italy got a foothold in the game it was they who eventually looked the more likely winners as time went on.
It was Mancini’s clever subs after HT…and our inability to make any that cost us, plus the penalty debacle…having those lads waiting to come on just for pens for over 10/15 mins…ridiculous

Nine times out of ten England should beat both them teams, Southgate had the players at his disposal to do the job, he couldn't, he couldn't adapt in game play, he played his favourites who were out of form, he played players not in there best positions, he was far to negative, every man and his dog could see his set up wasn't working but he stubbornly refused to change, he's done well for himself and I wish him good luck for his future hopefully down the road in Trafford.

I promise you the exact same points will be thrown at every single manager we get.

Every squad selection is met with outrage and 'picking his favorites' , Every formation is criticized, the line up is criticized, the subs are criticized.
Nothing is going to change with the perception England fans have of the manager, whoever it is.

The fact that fans think 9 times out of 10 we should easily be beating likes of Switzerland and Holland is the problem for me.

Doubt it. He has much more about him than your hero.
I honestly think Potter will be a lot more attacking. He played great football as Brighton manager, and previously at Swansea, so this would be an appointment that I would be in favour of if it happened. His only black mark was his short-lived tenure as Chelsea manager but I think that was more down to the general chaos that engulfed the club at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.