Gareth Southgate

That's a Holland side that France couldn't beat this tournament and a Swiss side that battered Italy and held Germany - The predicted outcome on the match day polls on here had England to lose against both these sides.
Nine times out of ten England should beat both them teams, Southgate had the players at his disposal to do the job, he couldn't, he couldn't adapt in game play, he played his favourites who were out of form, he played players not in there best positions, he was far to negative, every man and his dog could see his set up wasn't working but he stubbornly refused to change, he's done well for himself and I wish him good luck for his future hopefully down the road in Trafford.

Now starts our period of success :S

Glad he's gone. the stink and negativity around him is too much.

Most successful manager of recent times for England, though some moaners and whhiners will use whatever metric to prove he wasnt. He did a good job from my pov which has been seeing failure after failure at groups and not even qualifying.

People today expect more though. Good luck with that. We dont have the best players in the world as the media keep telling us. I dont expect the next manager to take us to the next level, I do think the best times are over but we will see.
Most successful? You'll have to remind me what he won again

To be fair, the first half hour or so against Italy in the Euro 2020 final 3 years ago could've easily seen us go 3 goals up. We absolutely battered them in that spell but once Italy got a foothold in the game it was they who eventually looked the more likely winners as time went on.
You must have been watching a different game to me. First 10/15 mins.

England had a total of 6 shots in the game with 1 on target.

Absolutely got battered after that opening goal and it shouldn’t even had to have gone to penalties.

Forcing Kane to retire would be a good start. He turns 31 in 2 weeks and can only imagine how Sloth like he will be in 2026.

TEIBDTW.jpeg

Arise Ser Thomas Toucan-eth!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.