Gareth Taylor

City could do a lot worse than appointing former England coach, Hope Powell, she has done an excellent job at Brighton with a meagre budget & always talks a lot of sense in interviews, she clearly has a lot of experience & knowledge of the woman's game.
Hope Powell is a great coach and I’d be thrilled by that appointment.

City could do a lot worse than appointing former England coach, Hope Powell, she has done an excellent job at Brighton with a meagre budget & always talks a lot of sense in interviews, she clearly has a lot of experience & knowledge of the woman's game.
Hope Powell is a great coach and I’d be thrilled by that appointment.
We can't "appoint" her for 2 reasons, 1. she already has a job, and 2. we already have a coach.

We'd need to sack Taylor first, then aproach Brighton with an "offer" for her.

I don't see us sacking Taylor after 1 game, and I don't see Brighton letting her go without significant compensation from us.

We can't "appoint" her for 2 reasons, 1. she already has a job, and 2. we already have a coach.

We'd need to sack Taylor first, then aproach Brighton with an "offer" for her.

I don't see us sacking Taylor after 1 game, and I don't see Brighton letting her go without significant compensation from us.
After sacking Taylor and agreeing compensation with Brighton, what would the next step be? It would be to appoint the coach you had just paid compensation for.

Nowhere did I say bypass the necessary steps to appoint her. I didn’t imagine readers needed an entire blueprint.

After sacking Taylor and agreeing compensation with Brighton, what would the next step be? It would be to appoint the coach you had just paid compensation for.

Nowhere did I say bypass the necessary steps to appoint her. I didn’t imagine readers needed an entire blueprint.
You didn't, the other poster kind of did, in any case we still have a coach that hasn't (yet) been sacked.

Every manager since Powell for the England women's team has been better, including Neville.

Harsh at best to say Neville outperformed her in my opinion. Hope Powell took charge of the team when they didn't even have enough footballs to train with and fought hard/built alliances that eventually worked towards overhauling the game and saw her lead the the england team to a semi finals of the euros. The place she started from and the groundwork she put in for the managers that followed her makes it impossible to compare her performance with theirs, but you can guarantee the likes of Neville would never have fought as hard she did. I think you could easily make a case to say she overachieved with what she was given though, whereas Neville massively underachieved. I don't think a single person would choose Phil Neville over Hope Powell for us if that was the choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.