Gareth Taylor

To be honest I think that's just the way he is. He is just not an inspiring person. He never looks that involved in the game stood on the side Lines. I don't expect him to be like Pep, but some passion or level of in interest would be nice.
It alarmed me when he said "We'll hopefully improve on last week's performance."

To me that shows he's lacking a bit of confidence, which the players would pick up on.

So while every other team is riding the wave of support and interest in the game - with record crowds and more media exposure we stick with a guy that can't coach to save his life. He literally is single handedly ruining our team. I cant get over his instructions when we were losing 1-0 despite being the better side. Chelsea had huge holes behind their defence yet he was telling Ellie and Houghton to slow it down, then when we lost possession he was asking some to press and others to hold. It was so disjointed and so sad because the three debutants were excellent.

Deyna and Coombs ran out of steam so he takes off Hemp and Alexandri who was our best player. What message that sends to the team is "It doesn't matter if you are playing really well you will be taken off" It's a game of small margins and everything he does puts us in a worse position. No injury headaches to get you out of the jam this year Gareth - just do us a favour and leave to become a PE teacher which would be about your level as a coach.

Sorry for the long post it's just I'm really annoyed and feel for the players no wonder many didn't want to buy into what we are doing. TAYLOR OUT!

It alarmed me when he said "We'll hopefully improve on last week's performance."

To me that shows he's lacking a bit of confidence, which the players would pick up on.
You know Mat it's not that his confidence is lacking, he never had true ability as a player and as a coach he's rank bad. A man who speaks impressively in meetings about "blue sky thinking" and other such buzz crap. It's fooled a few but it hasn't fooled me and many others who see right through him and his staff. He has to go.

Taylor doesn't sound confident in his own skills listening to his pre match presser.
I am not confident he has skills.

For instance, what was he waiting for today to introduce some changes? Several players were under performing in the second half, and he was just sitting watching the game. Players should have gone after 10 minutes in the second half: Shaw, Coombs, Kelly, Castellanos (not sure she even played well in the first half. She looked like she was dancing or ice skating, just doing anything but playing football). What a miserable ….. Taylor is!!

At a different but relevant note, I am not sure we “dominated” the first half as some keep implying, but perhaps I was watching from a different angle on my TV ;) Having the ball most of the time doesn’t necessarily mean dominance, unless we know what to do with the ball. Taylor doesn’t seem to know what to do when his players have the ball, and I don’t think they are thrilled by him being their coach.

So while every other team is riding the wave of support and interest in the game - with record crowds and more media exposure we stick with a guy that can't coach to save his life. He literally is single handedly ruining our team. I cant get over his instructions when we were losing 1-0 despite being the better side. Chelsea had huge holes behind their defence yet he was telling Ellie and Houghton to slow it down, then when we lost possession he was asking some to press and others to hold. It was so disjointed and so sad because the three debutants were excellent.

Deyna and Coombs ran out of steam so he takes off Hemp and Alexandri who was our best player. What message that sends to the team is "It doesn't matter if you are playing really well you will be taken off" It's a game of small margins and everything he does puts us in a worse position. No injury headaches to get you out of the jam this year Gareth - just do us a favour and leave to become a PE teacher which would be about your level as a coach.

Sorry for the long post it's just I'm really annoyed and feel for the players no wonder many didn't want to buy into what we are doing. TAYLOR OUT!
I feel the same to be honest. The loss of so many established players in the summer makes me think there was a degree of unhappiness with him in charge. It's disappointing because I feel if we allow the women's team to fall too far it will be a long road to climb back up. Other clubs are moving forward. We were in a good position but have definitely lost our advantage with his appointment.

I too thought Alexandri had a cracking game

We have to asking questions about what the fuck is going on with the ladies team ? Plus the manager, plus investment, plus players leaving and not being replaced with the same quality or better,

I know COVID-19 hit all levels of football men's and ladies, but the city ladies are not the club they were
I keep saying it, the players are miles away from what it was, happy smiling hanging out together all in full city gear relaxed mixing with the public around Ancoats in and around the cutter room,

now the one or two I see are in their normal gear and not stopping for a chat or sat outside with a coffee or a drink
it's say a couple of things, the club have cut the money out of the ladies game and has to be based on its own revenue, and shortcuts have been made in flashing easy money on everything even training gear and kits

or the management have lost the control of the players and most want to leave and because of the manager and coaches and playing styles,

i watched the game today and the truth is we will be mid-table at best this season and struggling if something is not done quick ? Change of manger would be one I would pick, even if It's to just pick the players up and get them back into a group all wanting to play in the right way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.