Garrido - Good job

samharris said:
What a shame this post has130+ views and only 4 replies...mmmm?? is it because this is a positive post in a sea of negativity >>

well done garrido and given..too bright flames on a birthday cake with dodgy candles on it..

credit where credit is due.

GIVEN ?!?!?! WTF did he do ?
Think you were watchin a different match mate cos i just saw Given stand still and watch the ball go past him and hit the bar !! Could have easily bin a goal and he could have also saved the free-kick/ organised his wall better/ got someone on the post.

Fair enough tho Garrido dint hav a bad game.

Thought Garrido done really well hope he keeps his place even when Bridge is back,i think he's handled himself very well when not been playing with no crying to the press unlike some and now really making the most of his chance.
What about Benjani's performance,we improved for him coming on,maybe he still has a future here.

Garrido was the only one to come out with credit from that, dissapointed he didn't take the freekick late on, as for the other full back he seems to be going in the other direction, Zableta for me just doesn't cut the mustard, far too clumsy, and I think once we get the likes of Toure, Lescott and new defenders back, you'll probably see Richards back at right back.

toddy111 said:
samharris said:
What a shame this post has130+ views and only 4 replies...mmmm?? is it because this is a positive post in a sea of negativity >>

well done garrido and given..too bright flames on a birthday cake with dodgy candles on it..

Think you were watchin a different match mate cos i just saw Given stand still and watch the ball go past him and hit the bar !! Could have easily bin a goal and he could have also saved the free-kick/ organised his wall better/ got someone on the post.

someone one on the post for a free kick.....?? I'll have 2 of what ur on please.

Anthony_18 said:
Garrido was the only one to come out with credit from that, dissapointed he didn't take the freekick late on, as for the other full back he seems to be going in the other direction, Zableta for me just doesn't cut the mustard, far too clumsy, and I think once we get the likes of Toure, Lescott and new defenders back, you'll probably see Richards back at right back.

Richards can't do the twist, thats real plain to see after today....right back ain't for him, he's ok-ish in straight lines.

I mentioned on here about him tackling opponents from behind in the penalty box whilst they were heading towards the corner flag and today he's trying to pull strikers back into a more fitting position (for them) not once but twice....he's a flapper. The firm in the week that were shouting for his England place want to take up go-karting.

Kompany needs to be on his right peg, Lescott on the left of him with Toure in the right fullback slot.Well done Garrido for not sinking.

I agree Garrido had a solid game today compared to the rest but i fear Tuesday against Valencia will be more of a challenge for him, i just hope he's up to it?

samharris said:
toddy111 said:

someone one on the post for a free kick.....?? I'll have 2 of what ur on please.

Well it would have stopped the goal.. wots the problem >?

toddy111 said:
samharris said:

Toddy, presume you listened to it on a radio mate, but for Given it would have been worse

realsparky said:
toddy111 said:

Toddy, presume you listened to it on a radio mate, but for Given it would have been worse

Explain how ?

An no I watched it on TV.

samharris said:
toddy111 said:

The last thing you should do from that position is put a player on the post - it allows the attackers more opportunities to disrupt the keeper. The defensive line should have been in line with the wall to allow the keeper the time & space to make a decision. I think he could have set the wall up a bit better - there wasn`t too much curl but it went over the 4th player in the wall & just crept inside the post. If he wanted to protect the ball coming over the wall the other way which is how he set his wall up (check out the 4 players in the wall - the 2 tallest players were on the outside positions - this is deliberate & a defensive tactic) then he should have put another player in there - the wall seemed to be too far to Given`s right. It wasn`t a great free-kick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.