Garrido - Good job

Think Garrido has done well since coming back, but tonight he had Bellamy in front of him helping. Zabaletta on the other hand had Petrov in front of him, and a Petrov not having one of his better games at that !! So not all Zabaletta's fault. A very poor performance all round tonight, Barry was poor, even De Jong was poor tonight, was tuesdays game in their minds? I just hope we don't play like that on Tuesday or we will be in deep doo doo.

If he got his positional play sorted, he would be a very good player. Several times today he rushed into the CB positon and left his area free. Much improved though.

Always thought it was a bit ridiculous how he was completely frozen out of the first team picture, but credit to him for his proffesionalism and attitude.

I like Javi a lot, always have. Glad to see him making the most of his opportunity, will be interested to see who RM plays at LB once Bridge is fit (thought he was having a decent season also til he got injured)

I think under Roberto Garrido will become a better defender overall. He is getting better with games good on dead balls looked assured defending today.

As for the free kick. Given set up the wall and De Jong moved out of position if De Jong stayed in position in the wall the ball could of hit him. Given seen it late and could do nothing about it.

Another top [erformance by Garrido tonight and for me easily MOM, thought Benjani was good when he came on also to follow up his excellent performance last week.

We were crying out for someone to hold up the play tonight so bringing on Robhinho eas a blunder and why the hell we are playing Petrov out of position if SWP is fit to play is a bloody mystery

Yes he has looked really good the thing is with Garrido people forget he came to us aged 21 no experience of the League it took him time to get used to it he possibly would have benefitted from a loan in the Championship .....it's called knee jerk something that more and more people are getting like since the Sheikh took over it's like there are still people who don't rate De Jong I hear, A guy sat behind me every home game pulling him to pieces.

toddy111 said:
samharris said:
someone one on the post for a free kick.....?? I'll have 2 of what ur on please.

Well it would have stopped the goal.. wots the problem >?

Putting a player on the post allows them to pack the 6 yard box without fear of offside, this also prevents the keeper from moving easily..

BlueSinceBirth said:
Javier has put a solid performance in today, much more capable in defence, he's had some great tackles and interceptions. and top clearances.

Also great going forward, nice corners and his freekick was a whisker away from being a goal.

Definetly deserves his place in the team at the moment.

I think he is a good offensive player BUT iif you review the game a few time there was bags of space at left back - not saying he is crap BUT we need defenders that can defend first and foremost

Wasn't he a left wingers for spain? Some one mentioned this to me the other day and it got me thinking. If the lad has a good cross etc why not use him up on the left when bridge is better and put CB up front with Tevez?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.