Garrido / Left Back

alera said:
Garrido is not good enough for the level we want to be at. Not even for backup. Its pretty onbious Hughes does not rate him.

One of the main benefits of going for Lescott is he is excellnt cover for left back. He wont be able to get on the bench next season we should move him on with our best wishes once we sign Lescott...
he is a quality footballer but a dire defender, perhaps the worst positionally i have seen for ages, but like i said football wise and skill i think he is quality

Its clear that MHs doesn't think garrido is good enough, but who will he replace him with? Quality LB's seem to be in short supply

Hence why Lescott would be such a good signing for us as he can also cover left back very well indeed.

Unfortunately Garrido is not upto standard for a club with big ambitions like ours and i would expect him to be moved on this summer. I do think Wayne Bridge is a much better prospect at left back but i felt the problem for any LB last season at City was the lack of cover from Robinho and i would say the season before Petrov was not much better defensively.
Bridgey was exceptional in one game last season, Villa home. The reason for this was no Robbie and Superman playing on the left providing a little more cover.

druffyblue said:
Unfortunately Garrido is not upto standard for a club with big ambitions like ours and i would expect him to be moved on this summer. I do think Wayne Bridge is a much better prospect at left back but i felt the problem for any LB last season at City was the lack of cover from Robinho and i would say the season before Petrov was not much better defensively.
Bridgey was exceptional in one game last season, Villa home. The reason for this was no Robbie and Superman playing on the left providing a little more cover.

*FANFARE* Enter Gareth Barry!!

Might make it as a midfielder perhaps but certainly doesn't look like a Prem Lg standard LB to me. Thought Ball was better. Bridge certainly is although we haven't seen his best yet.

Wayne Bridge is possibly the worst signing MH has made since takeover, yet despite this except
for Given he appears to be the only first teamer with no competion for place ?
Yet City have no interest in other left backs apparently?

salfordblue-tony2 said:
Wayne Bridge is possibly the worst signing MH has made since takeover, yet despite this except

At the time, we REALLY needed a LB, and given what was on the market i think MH did very well. You have to realise this was his first real consistent run out in a team for a few years, and i think this year we will see his best.

What time is his flight??? I will drive him there to make sure he gets on it.

Hasn't been good enough for the 2 seasons he has been here, he certainly isn't good enough now.

salfordblue-tony2 said:
wayne bridge has had a slow start i admit but he can only improve capello still rates second only to cole for england so that will do 4 me and hughes worst signing goes by the name TAL BEN HAIM

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.