Garry Cook - Clueless

leewill31 said:
tevezblue said:
Do you know what is laughable. Those who have rubbished my post and my opinion but fail to say why or why i am wrong.

Someone tell me why our owner knows a lot about the Prem league and knows a lot about the running of a Prem League club. I'll bet you none of you can come up with anything that is credible.

Why do i think he knows nothing and he is on a learning curve from zero - his experience and involvement in football and in particular the Prem league.

Over to those intelligent beings who have rubbished my post with no basis for their opinion to show something of worth.

-- Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:08 am --

Well i do run several of my own companies that i have started from nothing and know that without experience or knowledge of the industry i am in, they would all have failed miserably.

I have started a business in industries i know nothing about and i have invested in companies based in industries i know nothing about, and nearly all have been failed investments.

Thats what i base my opinion on, what do you base your non opinion on?

mr cook is a business man of the highest caliber FACT! his record speaks for itself and just because you had failed outside your field that just means you were not good enough to step out side of your comfort zone surely?

from everything business wise concerning city i cant see were cook or the owners have failed so far except for a few disgruntled fans business as usual!

Mike Ashley is one of the most successful business men this country has ever had. He took Newcastle from the Prem League into the Championship. So is that what your basing your theory on, because i can give you so many more examples of successful businessmen buying clubs and having a negative impact on that club.

The reason i failed in industries i didn't know is that when the shit hit the fan, i was found wanting and didn't have any experience of the industry to know how to turn things around.

Well it depends how you define successful. I think we have vastly over paid for players and given them wages which they do not deserve. In a properly run business thats not good, but i can see what the over all plan is. The plan was to make a 'splash' around the world and announce Man City as a club that were ready to buy the best and pay top dollar. Which isn't a bad idea, i'm just worried about this next step as i do not feel we have the right people at the club.

By the way, i'm not suggesting for one minute our owner and his cash will fail to achieve their objectives at City. I have not said anything like that. What i am suggesting is that their in-experience with football and the Prem league means they will make mistakes along the way and we need to be ready for that.

Didsbury Dave said:
leewill31 said:
so its FACT then :)

No, it's your opinion, actually. FACT! ;-)

well mine and many others i suppose <a class="postlink" href="http://www.designtaxi.com/news.php?id=15085,so" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.designtaxi.com/news.php?id=15085,so</a> would that not mean that my statement is based on FACTS! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.