Garry Cook is attempting to make the Saudi Pro League relevant. LIV football?

Some really good points there. I also feel it will take the emergence of some good Arabic players though. History tells us they aren't the best athletes genetically but maybe a generational shift towards sport and away from education from middle Eastern families may see this change.

South America will continue to be a breeding ground for top talent into Europe as they're the best players genetically. Let's hope England is still up there in generations to come but it would take mass foreign investment, of which we may see a cap on in the near future; if Manchester City keep winning and perhaps Newcastle, as the history clubs can't take it much longer without joining the club.
It’s not a genetic problem, it’s a lack of quality coaching and quality facilities.

They’re investing in both, so we should see results from that but it will take a while to filter down.

There have been players from the Middle East who had quality but couldn’t get permits to play in this continent, too.

Remember when we tried to sign Abdulrahman? Signed and agreed by all parties, Home Office said no. He genuinely did have enough talent to play in a euro side IMO. Who knows how he would’ve got on with us but if he didn’t he would’ve found somewhere where he would.

Bad news for Rory the Red (McIlroy). The world's biggest hypocrite who has made millions playing in the Middle East and China (amongst other places) but suddenly decided he didn't like the Saudis. Another person who is very selective about his concern over human rights abuses.

Perhaps that's true. But unless he chose to play in Afghanistan is there a worse country in the middle east for human rights than KSA?

I could not think of a bigger turn off. A bunch of over the hill players raking in the last earnings to see them through to their end.
I have no connection with any clubs outside of City, I would not watch a game between 2 teams I have no knowledge of, have no feelings for and most of all, do not know most of the players.
I understand that the PL is currently top dog but this will change in time. I just do not see Saudi Arabia being the next PL......................unless I am missing something and there is a lot of excitement with Messi going there??

I could not think of a bigger turn off. A bunch of over the hill players raking in the last earnings to see them through to their end.
I have no connection with any clubs outside of City, I would not watch a game between 2 teams I have no knowledge of, have no feelings for and most of all, do not know most of the players.
I understand that the PL is currently top dog but this will change in time. I just do not see Saudi Arabia being the next PL......................unless I am missing something and there is a lot of excitement with Messi going there??

I used to love the soccer 5s at GMEX ;)

How much did the Saudi paid to Perez for Benzema ?

He had 1 year remained in his contract

I expect they paid $$$ome thing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.